highlander bars

northcountry

Two Stroke
Bought a 03 T100, and bars-mufflers got to go. The highlander bars from bella corse look good, and the burgess style mufflers from command specialties. Can't find any reviews, any imput would be welcomed.

REVOLT

Street Tracker
I had the Burgess style mufflers, but from BellaCorse (same muffler- EMGO) for about a year and a half....Loved'em! They were straight through...not bad at idle, and lit up when you added some more air/fuel...throttle...Only got rid of them because I wanted to try something new...actually still have them in case I ever want to go back.

Here is a clip of my bike when it was stock Goodwood green...it was a quiet, cold, winter morning, so I didn't rap on it like one would hope.
http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=M7tdXSkgDzw

rmak

moped
I asked the same question (about Highlanders)on another forum website some time ago when I owned a Bonnie. I thought they were reminiscent of the bars that came stock on Bonneville's sent to the US in the '70s.

Most people thought they were ugly, costly (because you have to change cables) and would cause poorer handling. There is a heavy prejudice towards cafe style bikes in the new Bonneville community so I kind of expected that response.

A few non-conformists supported the idea. There are a few guys have them on their Bonnevilles. If I remember correctly a guy named Koifarm is one of them.

One of the great thing about these bikes is their versatility. Make your bike any style you want. I say go for it.

Beaman

Two Stroke
Biltwell Frisco

Growing up in San Francisco, I saw a lot of choppers and always wanted one - my bike even had that style of bars. So, has anybody used the Biltwell Frisco bars? They have a 9" rise so they aren't huge apes, but I thought they would look cool and be comfortable. Am I totally wrong? Will it be hard to corner with them?

koifarm

Hooligan
Bars

Gotta say i love the bars...tried risers on stock bars first, ok but not perfect, then put western bars on, with longer cable set, too freaking wide....then tried highlanders.....without the risers, perfect!!
Only issue I had was that the brake line to the front wheel was stretched to it's limit, so I got a longer one and fixed that...otherwise the bars put me where I wanted to be...oh, i did install a modre peg lowering kit...even better, made me feel like i was "in" the bike instead of "on" it....i love the new ergos, can now ride mucho longer without back issues and they don't look bad at all.
I'll send a pic but i havent transferred them over to this computer yet..
koifarm

menzies

Scooter
Highlanders Bars

I have a set of the highlanders bars and 5" longer cables if you think you want to try that set up. The cables are Speigler and are steel braided clear plastic. I would sell them for 100 dollars plus postage. I bought these from Bellacorse and I believe the retail is about 225-250. They were used for about 1 years and 2500 miles.

northcountry

Two Stroke
highlander

Menzie- PM you a couple days ago, I'm interested.

Doing the baffeloctomy now, if not satisfied, will go for the burgess. Got a king-queen seat, rear rack with top box-backrest installed. Have some german military saddlebags (cabelas) to make standouts for, and trying to figure out some sort of passenger arm rest-so it goes, and many more projects for winter.