MotoGP tragedy :Simoncelli

Very sad day. It brought tears to my eyes. My girlfriend was a fan of his and I was starting to become a fan of his because he brought some excitement to the races

koifarm

Hooligan
It was sad to watch, he was just caught in front of two bikes, made me sick to watch that agonizing crash....May God be with him.

Sal Paradise

Hooligan
A brave and talented man who went out doing what he loved, may he and his family be at peace. Its much worse to die in a hospital bed of some awful pointless disease.

I think its amazing that the rider who hit him got right up after the crash. Its my impression that Marco himself died instantly.

I have never seem this exact type of accident. He appeared to fall off his bike in the turn and then run in.

Last edited:

KingBear

Hooligan
I only follow the sport casually and don't know the racers, but I admire their skill and fearlessness. This is very sad.

Requiem aeternam dona eis, Domine, et lux perpetua luceat eis. Requiescant in pace. Amen.

Ninja K

Two Stroke
Yeah I'm really sad about this. I've been watching every race this year and Simoncelli was by far my favorite rider. His aggressive style made him really fun to watch, unfortunately that style is essentially what took his life.

nohawk

Rocker
This has to be rough on Rossi too, he and Marco were pals I hear. I really think Marco was the future of the sport. He had the personality that Pedrosa and Stoner severly lack, and the skills to match them both in time.