A day hanging with the 1967 Bonneville TT replica (988cc stroker)

Hedge

American Infidel
Are you guys trying to tell me that after all that motorcycle stuff you didn't stop off at the Platinum, Cheetah III or Pink Pussycat? Back when I lived there in the early 80's I more than frequented the She Club and Tattletales and would finish the night at JWV's (Jewish War Veterans) private club which stayed open until about 9am!

BTW - nice Dyno runs, great sound!

ThruxTonUp

TT Racer
Are you guys trying to tell me that after all that motorcycle stuff you didn't stop off at the Platinum, Cheetah III or Pink Pussycat? Back when I lived there in the early 80's I more than frequented the She Club and Tattletales and would finish the night at JWV's (Jewish War Veterans) private club which stayed open until about 9am!

BTW - nice Dyno runs, great sound![/QUOTE

We are obviously not as sophisticated as you John, we just don't know about these types of things.;)

Bonafide

NBR founder
It was a Sunday ... you know the clubs (in Atlanta) are closed on Sundays. This particular M/C shop is less than 500 ft from Tattletales ... sits between there and a couple businesses down from what use to be The Hot Spot, I think it's called The Platnium 21 Club now. There's still a massage palor right next door.

Yeah, classy neighborhood.

Vendor
The stock thrux headpipes and Predators made about 20 more rear wheel HP than with the BUBS - we never tried to tune the BUBS as far as they would go, one dyno pull showing an immediate 10 RWHP increase just taking off the BUB mufflers was all it took and he never bothered going further. The D&D full race is was took us over 100 RWHP - the quiet Thrux/predator set-up got us to 97 RWHP, both with out the cam or Carb changes yet. This is a very VERY high velocity motor and the BUBS did not prove to be very compatible with this cam/port velocity/motor size. The D&D street version is no worse than the regular D&D slip on mufflers - but does have that harsh raspy note they known for.

John; it's not surprise about the Bubs, that was the barrier that the original stroker motor had, I told that to Scott few times, as well as Fred recently.
I'm glad that the Thruxton headers works that well with the Preds, if you swap to street Domi's you will have an extra pony there as well.

Fr. Joe 07T100

Street Tracker

BTW - nice Dyno runs, great sound!

I've been to the Coca Cola museum. Is that similar to the places you mentioned, John? They give you free drinks! :D

JWV's? I didn't know you were Jewish, thought you was a Catlick like me!

Hedge

American Infidel
I've been to the Coca Cola museum. Is that similar to the places you mentioned, John? They give you free drinks! :D

JWV's? I didn't know you were Jewish, thought you was a Catlick like me!
Hell No Fatha! Your hero was a Jewish carpenter - remember? I always thought, why stop there when you can talk directly to the boss! :)

ThruxTonUp

TT Racer
John; it's not surprise about the Bubs, that was the barrier that the original stroker motor had, I told that to Scott few times, as well as Fred recently.
I'm glad that the Thruxton headers works that well with the Preds, if you swap to street Domi's you will have an extra pony there as well.

We have the D&D 2 into one system and will be running it on the dyno this weekend on both Scott's and my Thrux. I'll be trying the 813 cams on the dyno too.

I have the Bubs, as you all know. Bud was kind enough to offer up his crashed pred's to me to try out (I had the pred's before but sold them), and thanks to a member of the infamous rat.net, I just scored a set of Thruxton headers and debaffled stock pipes to play with.

this should be fun!

Vendor
We have the D&D 2 into one system and will be running it on the dyno this weekend on both Scott's and my Thrux. I'll be trying the 813 cams on the dyno too.

You will have a lot of fun John!
I wish I can be there to enjoy the day with you guys.

Vendor
I have the Bubs, as you all know. Bud was kind enough to offer up his crashed pred's to me to try out (I had the pred's before but sold them), and thanks to a member of the infamous rat.net, I just scored a set of Thruxton headers and debaffled stock pipes to play with.

this should be fun!

Jeff, you will have gains with the Thruxton headers, but you lost me with the debaffled stock pipes.
Can you enlighten me please?

they were free, and came with the pipes (I haven't received them yet, they're in the mail), but I plan on gutting them and then maybe getting some dominator sports, I'll let you know ;)

ThruxTonUp

TT Racer
You will have a lot of fun John!
I wish I can be there to enjoy the day with you guys.

I'm sure we will Carlos, how could you not with a few cool bikes some trick new parts and a dyno to test it all out on! Get a plane ticket - I'll pick you up at ATL airport.

Vendor
I'm sure we will Carlos, how could you not with a few cool bikes some trick new parts and a dyno to test it all out on! Get a plane ticket - I'll pick you up at ATL airport.

Keep me post it in the results John!
I can't go, we are putting 1087 back together.
Have fun!

ThruxTonUp

TT Racer
Carlos - just booked my airline ticket for Cambria - thanks for letting me ride your 1087 motored SFS bonnie all week! I'm looking forward to it. I'll be arriving wed aug 6th in the morning and heading out monday afternoon. See you soon my friend.

Vendor
Carlos - just booked my airline ticket for Cambria - thanks for letting me ride your 1087 motored SFS bonnie all week! I'm looking forward to it. I'll be arriving wed aug 6th in the morning and heading out monday afternoon. See you soon my friend.

Holly BeJesus!
Excellent news John!
God permitting I will see you Thursday August 7th @ Chris Hacienda.
We will have fun with the bike.

ThruxTonUp

TT Racer
I'll be there - Dawgone has offered the use of his New black 08 speed triple for the weekend. How can I refuse that offer:D. looking forward to seeing what you and Matt have doen with the bikes. Will you also be bringing the Turbo bonnie up to Cambria??

Vendor
I'll be there - Dawgone has offered the use of his New black 08 speed triple for the weekend. How can I refuse that offer:D. looking forward to seeing what you and Matt have doen with the bikes. Will you also be bringing the Turbo bonnie up to Cambria??

You are going to ride the Black Triple Lucky Dawg!
I think that by then the normal aspirated bikes will be ready, I highly doubt that the Turbo one will be ready.
Nevertheless we will have one of the Racing bikes there for sure!

ThruxTonUp

TT Racer
I did the D&D 2 into 1 install today and pulled out the stock airbox. Ordered a new air box elimination kit from Carlos along with a 6 piston Beringer front caliper to stop this beast. Dyno pulls tomorrow to see how the latest system works. They sound OK - not as nice as a 2 into 2 with predators, the 2 into 1 doesn't sound like a triumph twin anymore which I do not like. If these prove to be the mack daddy way to make HP, I may give up a little to have the Dominators or predators and a 2 into 2 system. I don't like the way the bike looks with only 1 muffler and I don't like the extra "apendage" that used to mount the other muffler just hanging out there doing "nothing" now. I know Rodburner would just torch em off the bike, but then I can't go back and I know somebody that did just that, and is now regretting the elimination of the muffler mount.

Last edited: