Distressing your paint

Oil Burner

Scooter
+1 If you want something old buy old. Don't force it. It's like buying pre-torn clothes. Kinda :ghey:

Aw... c'mon. Gibson and Fender guitars both did really well with their "relic'd" lines of guitars. I just don't get it, but apparently, a lot of people do. About the guitars, many people said that the guitars felt like they had more "mojo". I call BS. Even if an inanimate object can have a soul or spirit, it knows if it has been used, or made to look that way.

That said, do whatever you want to your own bike. I respect everyone's right to mod as they see necessary. Even if it ain't for me, I still may like it. And post pics of the final product.

Savantjk

Street Tracker
Yea I don't understand the guys spending $$$ on the faux-vintage guitars when there are plenty of vintage ones around that have the look and the history. I have a beat up Gibson... and it isn't a 2011 model. It is a 1964 model and I love it all the more for that.

Sixty-6

Scooter
looks great man! I don't care what the others say.

maybe you can give us a tutorial as to how you did it

Thanks bro,
I get alot of great comments when I ride it. People really seem to get it. It's just a different way to present your ride.

I use to be an aircraft painter and did some interior faux painting in the past so was just a matter of combining the two worlds.