Is 2x Horn's possible???

Deano

Two Stroke
I recently upgraded my horn to one purchased from Norman Hyde. According to the spec's it is a louder db horn. Once installed, I wasn't overly thrilled with the expected increase. So, my question is: Would it be possible to run both at the same time. It is easy to see how it can be done (wiring and mounting wise) but I am not sure if the current supplied will be strong enough to run both??? Anyone.

you'll need to run a relay. I plan on getting one of those air horns soon and you have to run a relay on those types of horns. The stock horn wires just don't push enough juice.

derby boy

Two Stroke
I am running both the stock horn and one of the old horns from a goldwing I had. No issues in 2 years, didn't use a relay. Just ran jumpers from original horn to the 2nd horn.

coopv2

Street Tracker
I mounted a car horn under the gas tank on the old AI mounts, cleaned up the front end a little, could not see the need to run a relay as it is only for momentary use and sounds loud as f**k. scares the shit out of old ladies who are about to change lanes on ya.

Deano

Two Stroke
I am running both the stock horn and one of the old horns from a goldwing I had. No issues in 2 years, didn't use a relay. Just ran jumpers from original horn to the 2nd horn.

Thankyou, thankyou. Running jumpers was just what I wanted to hear. Couldn't see why it couldn't be done.

hankmarx

750cc
Allright, i am bringing this thread back from the dead. I am tired of the weak pathetic squeak out of the stock horn. Is the dual nautilas the way to go?
Adding the horn with a jump wire? Did you ever do the air horn, Sweat?
I would like an instant attention getter, we are still invisible to some out there to some.

Who has the killer set up? Let's hear it.:woot:

Mark, I installed the big ass air horn from Aerostich under my battery box. It's wired in with their kit, which includes the relay. It's loud as fuck. We could meet up at Jo's some day and I'll let your hear it, although the people there night not appreciate it :D

It's totally worth it. I want to add one to my FZ1.

Twodogs

Street Tracker
It is weird, my missus has a little Ford Fiesta (Ga..a..aeyy!!) and it has a great sounding horn and yet Triumph chooses to fit the most gayest sounding horn I have ever heard to one of the most coolest bikes (I am planning on a midnight swap soon). Triumph got 95% of the bike right but when they get it wrong it is so really wrong eg mirrors, indicators, brake light, bars, power.. probably could think of a few more. Up till now when some c$#% su%#%& decides to cut me off I have just used the big one in my head.

That's not nearly as good. I had that horn and tossed it in the garbage for this one. The mini-Stebel is only slightly louder than stock. The airhorn is, well, a goddamn airhorn.

Stars&Bars

Two Stroke
So little space, so many great BIG horns. I like the horn on my Bonnie, it's way louder than horns in my pickup or any other stock moto I've ever owned. It's loud enough that my friends on their open baffle Hardleys can still hear it!
But dammit, In my day dreams, I do wish for a "Dixie" air horn that would fit............

RumRunner

Street Tracker
I mounted one of those Wolo air horns behind by side covers. She's loud enough people can actually hear it :)

Trebo

Scooter
That's not nearly as good. The airhorn is, well, a goddamn airhorn.

Saw this last evening, and have laughed my ass off every time I think about it. Not sure why it strikes me so funny. The wife keeps asking me "what's so funny?" and I know there's no way to explain it.

Any chance of seeing the installation SweatMach?

I didn't take any pics of the installation. It wasn't too difficult though, other than having to remove the airbox eliminator kit to drill 1 hole for the mounting bolt. The wiring is pretty straightforward, and the Aerostich kit includes good instructions.

Basically you run a +/- from the factory horn wiring to the relay supplied in the kit, and also some heavy gauge wiring to the relay and horn, and mount the horn wherever you want to. It would probably work better out in the open, but the airhorn is so much bigger than the stock horn (easily 4-5 times as large) that I didn't want it out in the open.

Trebo

Scooter
SM - So your horn is in the air box? Was it a matter of Aesthetics or Fit that you didn't hang it out front in place of the stock horn?

It's mounted under the battery tray of my BC Airbox removal kit, just between the side covers. I just thought it would be super cool to have a hidden air horn that's super loud and invisible.