Ace 904S Thruxton Special

Sal Paradise

Hooligan
Not worth the money but looks good.

triumph-thruxton.jpg

http://www.bikeexif.com/triumph-thruxton

Texas94fs

Hooligan
the light needs to come down and in, the gold on the fork tubes needs to go, the front fender fucks up the lines of the bike, the all white side covers don't match the rest of the bike. whatever the red is by the gear selector needs to go. Also the bike is unbalanced with the blue bits at the front but none at the back

JRMSR

Scooter
They only were suppose to make 15 and when you consider all the parts they used were already off the shelf except the triple tree, it's surely not worth it. A good CNC can produce one easy and cheaply. The company stated over a year ago, they were going to produce the parts and sell them seperately. They never have!

I've contacted them directly several times to no avail. Compared to the Norton for 20K, it doesn't hold a candle. It's a flash in the pan nothing more. Why would you pay 26K for a 9K Triumph with off the shelve parts and a paint job.

Last edited:

RoyNC

Street Tracker
I've actually seen the bike in person and thought it was pretty cool. Yeah the price is rather high but one of a kind limited bikes tend to be due to the amount of R&D of time and parts tried and used takes money and someone with experience to put it together correctly. Why I have not ridden the bike I would say it was definitely built for speed and handling and not necissarily to impress the masses.

B06Tang

Cafe Racer
Compared to the Norton for 20K, it doesn't hold a candle. It's a flash in the pan nothing more. Why would you pay 26K for a 9K Triumph with off the shelve parts and a paint job.

Exactly! Triumph could do so much more than this; I've seen this bike at the show in Birmingham and it was a dissapointment to say the least.

JRMSR

Scooter
I've actually seen the bike in person and thought it was pretty cool. Yeah the price is rather high but one of a kind limited bikes tend to be due to the amount of R&D of time and parts tried and used takes money and someone with experience to put it together correctly. Why I have not ridden the bike I would say it was definitely built for speed and handling and not necissarily to impress the masses.

I hate to disagree but there was virtually no R & D in this bike. Triumph did a much better build with the Thruxton Arrows Special and used primarily Triumph parts. The only parts that were CNC'd was the Triple Tree and the Fork bottoms. These can be designed and produced easily and rapidly. Everything else was off the shelf parts.

There have been far better builds by Triumph enthusiasts and for allot less money.

Savantjk

Street Tracker
good luck craigore! I stripped my last one and found a lovely line of filler going straight across the tank. so much for that.

Craigore

TT Racer
Really? Fuck. I've been reading up on Gibbs penetrating oil, heard it protects raw steel amazingly.

I've got the D&D stainless system, think it would be a good contrast.

nohawk

Rocker
Wrenchmonkees fuckin rule!! That bike is sick! I want to know what it took to make that Kawasaki tank work