Hugeeee HD riders

strokerlmt

I apologize right up front here. No offense meant to anyone. We have talked about this over and over and it is an olddddd topic. I work 7 days a week and my office is on main street so I see everyone that comes through town. The sport bikes run thru quickly get gasoline and head North or south. They have after market muffs which are fine. The vintage bikes slow down , get some gasssss, stop at the coffee shop next to our office then "press on". The HD's rumbmmmbleeee through town reving the engines makin a lot of fucking noise, get some gas, grab a jumbo bag of fries from The Grill then rumble out of town. Their muffs are mostly obnoxsious. Again apologies not trying to be anti PC but 98% of the HD drivers are hugeeeee in body mass. I mean really big people. I have yet to see a really big person on a sport bike or vintage bike. I know this sounds like daaaa, that is the way it is, but it flows by my window everyday....when I see a slim HD rider I will inform.
LMT

Geoh3

Scooter
I hardly take a second look at HD pillions, but the girls on sport bikes... well, just sayin'.

Sal Paradise

Hooligan
Yeah, the things you notice.....and you know some really fat mean looking HD types can be the nicest people. I personally don't into any category ( that I am aware of ), but if I did the closest would the adventure riders/ vintage riders. I just fit with those guys a little bit better. Grey haired middle agers mostly but they seem nice enough and capable of a conversation beyond "nice bike , I had one in '67" .

The Harley guys are amazingly similar everywhere.

Last edited:

Bonafide

NBR founder
One of my buddies rides a Street Bob-a-thing. He's skinny, like 150lbs ... but dang does he revvvv the piss out of his bike when we ride thru a town/slow area with open exhaust. At least the rides the thing like a sport bike - so I'm never having to pull over and wait on him.

strokerlmt

The other observation from my office window (yes koi I need to get out more) Triumph ST, Bonnevilles, Thruxtons, Duc's, older Honda Kawa sports, vintages and KTM's....when da helmet comes off da hair is salt pepper to white. Of course I sit and wait allllll year for Laguna Saca to see the Duc girls in the red leathers take the helmets off and shake out the hair.
LMT

loxpump

Rocker
The other observation from my office window (yes koi I need to get out more) Triumph ST, Bonnevilles, Thruxtons, Duc's, older Honda Kawa sports, vintages and KTM's....when da helmet comes off da hair is salt pepper to white. Of course I sit and wait allllll year for Laguna Saca to see the Duc girls in the red leathers take the helmets off and shake out the hair.
LMT

I'm sure other things are shaking on the Duc girls too.

loxpump

Rocker
Another observation of mine is seeing as many Harleys parked in front of bars as I do on the road and maybe the ones on the road are just on their way to another bar.

Clarke

Scooter
Like some of you here I ride both. The Harley bunch provides a lot of funny entertainment for me as well. After two trips to Sturgis the silly things I saw could fill a book, still get laughs from those trips! My best friend is still locked in that black T shirt stage....I am a least trying to get him to buy a red one just for a change of pace. I see a lot of fat people, but the young hotties that wont keep their shirts on are nice. Gotta take the good with the bad.

Lone Trumpet

Street Tracker
Every now and then I'll ride w/ the boys from the steel mill where I work. 5 or 6 Harleys, a couple of crotch rockets, and me on my T100. All the Harley boys range from average build to built like silverback gorillas. All except one, who's every bit of 5'-2", and 130 lbs soaking wet. He he owns 3 Harleys, and they've all been lowered so he can 'almost' reach the ground. I gotta hand it to him though, the dude can ride those HDs with the very best of 'em. Maybe the lower center of gravity helps a lot. :ride:

motomaniac

Street Tracker
To each his own but I just can't understand the attraction. They are really popular here in Japan and the gayer they look the more popular they are. There are three in my shared parking area that look as though they came from Big Gay Al's bike club. The only time I have seen them move was when the typhoon winds knocked them over like dominoes. Their bike covers acted like wind sails and toppled them over on top of each other.
Incidentally, they are really popular with chicks over here and I often see groups of them on the expressways. Good chance to meet them as there is always a breakdown with at least one and being a gent I always stop to offer assistance.....:ride: