2012 Bonnevilles are out

Esteban

Scooter
Hi folks,

I'm new here but have been lurking for a while. I hope to buy a Bonneville sometime in the next few months and have been researching classifieds and dealer inventories. ]At first at was just looking at used bikes, but due to their high prices am now considering buying new. I was thinking 2012's would not be out until about September, but just noticed this ad at S. CA. Ducati for a 2012 Bonneville Gold, in stock, Price, $7,699. The price for the basic Black 2011 Bonneville is also $7,699.

http://www.socaltriumph.com/pre_own...X6K29K2011J10I29I57JPMQ409R0&veh=2201903&nv=y

Does anyone know if there are any 2012's available in Texas? Or how long it takes to order one? I'm in the Austin area.

Thanks, Steve

Mojo146

Scooter
2012s

Esteban --
I highly recommend you shop around outside the Austin area as well. I've heard good things about the Austin dealer, but I recently bought a 2001 Bonnie from the Waco dealer (Mark at Euro Shop) and they did an excellent job of tweaking the bike for me. One thing's for sure---you will love the Bonneville.

Stars&Bars

Two Stroke
Oh yeah, those beautiful Texas hill country roads are perfect for a Bonneville.
Bonnevilles are one of the best values in motorcycling with prices like that. Don't forget to get ya the centerstand and the TORS when ya buy it, and get the dealer to remap it for you before you ride it off the lot.
:rocks::rocks::rocks:
Let us know how your hunt goes.

koifarm

Hooligan
Welcome to the forum Esteban, glad to have you aboard....take advantage of lots of info using the search function, if you can think about it, it's probably been discussed a whole lot already....
Enjoy the place, please post pictures if and when you get the bike....

hankmarx

750cc
Welcome Esteban, if you don't have your heart set on new, there have been a few nice low mile Bonnies on the Austin Craigslist.

Happy Hunting!

Savantjk

Street Tracker
Diggin the gold as well. Put a brown seat on it and that would be sliiick. I almost bought a classic bonnie done in a gold/creme color scheme with the brown seat.

Esteban

Scooter
Hey everybody thanks much for the great tips and welcome. Will let you know how it goes, I'm anxious to get in the saddle. Dude I'll be checking with the dealers soon, including Waco. I'm not familiar with how Triumph rolls out their new models...I was kinda surprised to see this 2012 on just one dealer site, for same price as 2011's. Actually I'm more interested in a T100 or the basic black Bonneville. At this time of year, is there an advantage to wait for the new models and perhaps pay less for the old stock?

Kirkus51

Hooligan
There might be deals to be had on 11s when the 12s come out, but maybe not on the Blacks. The question is how long are you gonna wait when you could be riding.

And..... Welcome!

Esteban

Scooter
There might be deals to be had on 11s when the 12s come out, but maybe not on the Blacks. The question is how long are you gonna wait when you could be riding.

And..... Welcome!

Good point! Especially since the Blacks will not be available for 2012.

Hi Stars&Bars,

I will be getting my new Bonnie in a couple of months.....What does TORS mean and what do I tell the dealer to do about "remapping" it for me.....here is your qoute--"TORS when ya buy it, and get the dealer to remap it for you before you ride it off the lot".

Sorry for the clarification....I am a newbie!!!!!

Savantjk

Street Tracker
TORS are the triumph "off-road" exhaust system... from what I've seen they still aren't too loud. But I assume won't void the warrantY since they are a Triumph product. The newer bikes are fuel injected and since with the more open exhaust you'd be changing the air flow, you'd need to remap the ecu to keep the air/fuel ratio correct.

I'm digging that gold look as well. It's pretty classy. Aren't the Arrow 2-1 pipes kinda goldish? If so, I see it in your future, would look beautiful.

There are two dealers that have been nice to me in the DFW metroplex. It's quite the ride back, though, to Austin.

koifarm

Hooligan
Maybe it's just me but that good old Triumph tank shape has gone the way of new models. It's just not the same as that 'traditional' Triumph shape. I have to say I don't like it at all....
But, as my Dad used to say, "opinions are like assholes, everybody has one" and so there's mine, opinion that is......
I'm just happy I've got a nice 07 that looks great.

Keith Harding

Two Stroke
Koifarm - I'm with you on the tank shape there - I too have an 07 and I believe it is spot on. The new tanks look a bit bulbous to me and kind of out of scale.