Stress Break II

monty

Street Tracker
The Bonnie, assisted by my girl Nina,continues to be a source of stress management. Yesterday we jumped on the bike, with no particular place to go { as the song once said} and there unfolded a most remarkable day. We went up through Wales and then cut across to the coast, where we met up with a friend of mine who is a newly ordained priest in a delightful seaside town. { He rides a guzzi T3, amongst others}. Here I did something I haven't done for years and took part in a church service,which was held on the harbourside. Something i said must have had an effect because when we visited my mum in hospital the following day, we had a fine conversation. This was the first time we has spoken properly in about four weeks as the dementia has realy taken hold and she doesn't always know who we are. However yesterday the curtains were drawn back and my mum was back for an hour or so and I was so grateful for the chance to chat with her. Last night, myself and Nina went camping in a lovely remote spot and chilled out. Today, when I visted mum, normal service was resumed but I am so happy to have had yesterday with her.

Attachments

• DSC00802.jpg
    DSC00802.jpg
    91.5 KB · Views: 0
  • DSC00804.jpg
    DSC00804.jpg
    96.8 KB · Views: 0
  • DSC00806.jpg
    DSC00806.jpg
    96.4 KB · Views: 0
  • DSC00807.jpg
    DSC00807.jpg
    92.9 KB · Views: 0
Last edited:

monty

Street Tracker
Some more images in the Elan valley an a harbourshot of Aberearon in West Wales. Hope you enjoy.

Attachments

• DSC00810.jpg
    DSC00810.jpg
    96.1 KB · Views: 0
  • DSC00809.jpg
    DSC00809.jpg
    93 KB · Views: 0
  • DSC00813.jpg
    DSC00813.jpg
    97 KB · Views: 0

B06Tang

Cafe Racer
I miss riding in the Elan valley; some amazing countryside right there. Rhadayer Dam was a great ride and the last one I did in Wales before leaving. I'm sorry to hear about your mum but it is good that you had that "good" day with her. I had someone close in my family struggle with dementia and know how hard it can be. Runs on the Bonnie in your beautiful countryside could be a good therapy...keep doing what you are doing.

monty

Street Tracker
Thank you. Any time you get back, let me know and we can revisit.

A final image of our camp site then..........

Attachments

• DSCF0567.jpg
    DSCF0567.jpg
    68.7 KB · Views: 0

jphickory

Banned
Beautiful country - great looking bike. Glad you and your Mom were able to enjoy your time together. I think I'll call my Mom tonight...thanks for posting.