Any good riding clubs

RoyNC

Street Tracker
Any good riding clubs out there? Particularly the kinda clubs of the British bike persuasion? I know there is BAMoto out in SoCal but I am in NC.

I also know about the Brit Iron Rebels but they are hard to get a hold of.

Any advice or direction pointing would be appreciated.

Thanks guys!

KingBear

Hooligan
I'm a one man wolf pack.

That's right. Even if I had friends who rode motorcycles (or any friends at all for that matter) I don't know that I would care to ride with them. Not that I wouldn't mind getting together once in a while, but mostly I like to do my own thing.

North Carolina is beautiful riding country, beaches to the right and mountains to the left. I'll be there next week for Soldier Tech at Fort Bragg. If I didn't have to haul a ton of gear I'd ride down.

RoyNC

Street Tracker
Yeah I've spoken with Bret and a few of the other guys about it briefly trying to feel things out, but it seems to get a bit odd and I don't want to push it too hard.

I should clear up that I am looking for groups that like to do rides on a regular schedule. Rides that take more than one hour.

There are so many great roads and places to visit in NC and I spend a ton of time in the mountains riding and camping. It would be nice to learn some new rides and places.

I've noticed groups that ride and/or have frequent scheduled rides tend to wind up on some great trips.

The local RAT group used to do this but they seem to have all gotten old and tired and don't ride like they used to.

oldmanjob

Scooter
Riding with groups can be enjoyable at times, but riding with groups like Southern Cruisers which is a prevalent international riding club, not to be confused or associated with MC clubs, can at times be a slow and tedious ride as most members are on one ton cruisers. Same goes for the Star Riding Club.

I prefer to ride alone as I am only responsible for myself. An example why is that last Saturday after a Southern Cruiser meeting a fellow member said he would follow me home. Half way through the trip it started to rain as we approached a newly paved section of the road. A short distance down the road i looked in my mirror and he was not behind me. Backtracking he had lost traction and crashed ending up with broken ribs and collarbone. Spent the rest of the afternoon in the rain helping to take care of him until his hospital transport arrived. Yes it is a good thing i was along but then you begin to wonder if he had to ride above his ability to keep up? I really am uncomfortable being in that situation.

There is a small group of Brit riders in my area (Hendersonville NC) that ride every Sunday, and Danny the leader takes us on some fantastic 125-150 mile rides. Most all ride British bikes from the late sixties and seventies. Danny's wife and I are the only Guzzi's :c The group is small from 6 to maybe 8 riders and all experienced. This is a great group as you do not see break lights in the middle of turns, (a habit of most cruiser riders)

I hope this helps. If you can find a small group in your area, this might be your best choice. Or as i do take out the map and look for a road that you have not traveled on, getting lost is always a new adventure:motorbike2:

Bill