My new to me ride

Paddyboy30

Two Stroke
First, I'd like to thank my beautiful wife Melissa on picking this up from a fellow forum member while I was serving in Afghanistan, and to Eurosports of Coopersburg, PA for doing all the trick work on her. The list of mods to this 09 Bonneville SE include:

Race Tech fork springs and cartridge emunlators
Ohlins one-off rear springs
Norman Hyde M Handlebars
CRG Lane Splitter mirrors
Bellacorse Custom rear fender
LSL rearsets (awesome!)
LED tail light and turn signals
Thruxton gel seat and seat cowl
Rider footpeg eliminators
Arrow Titanium 2 into 1 exhaust (awesome!!)
Braided steel brake lines and performance pads
K&N air filter with a rubber bell mouth cut from a piece for a Polaris snowmobile
New Bonneville oil temp gauge
D9 instrument bracket on the way

No idea how fast it'll go (probably around 110-115), but it makes 61HP at the rear wheel before I got rid of the stock air filter and snorkel and put on the K&N filter and bell mouth...my guess is that added maybe another 1 or 2 HP...this thing will do 90 before I know what's going on and is scary good in corners with the suspension mods.

And now, for the pics! :)
DSCN0061.jpg

DSCN0060.jpg

DSCN0059.jpg

DSCN0058.jpg

DSCN0057.jpg

DSCN0056.jpg

Paddyboy30

Two Stroke
The last owner did the flat black, and it really does look great! Especially with the Arrow's! I had just finished changing the oil and washing her this afternoon when I took those pics, and trust me, after it was nice and dry, I took her out!

Can't wait for that D9 bracket!! Also looking into getting a racy single seat...my wife will rue the day that she picked up this cash vacuum..er...I mean bike! ;)

Looks great! That flat black looks to match the lower covers perfectly. Sometimes the flat and painted dual look from factory has me scratching my head.

I've got the itch to get the Arrow 2-1, I can't get over no exhaust pipe on the left side. If you don't mind me asking, how tall are you and if the rearsets help in comfort at all with the M bars. So far, being 5'10", I'm pretty ok with the lower bars and factory pedal position but wonder if rearsets would be much more comfortable.

Paddyboy30

Two Stroke
Well, I'm 5'6" and my only other experience was with a stock T100 a few years ago.

I really really like the M bars as they really help with good control and feel, and I REALLY love the rearsets that are on the bike. The techs that put them on agreed, and liked them much better than the stock Thruxton rearsets. I think the set up is great for control, but after 45 minutes to an hour of riding (especially if it's city riding), my wrists get a little sore. I'm getting a little more used to it, but we'll see how it goes from there.

The Arrows are a piece of artwork! They are simply outstanding pipes. I can't compare them to Preds or D&D, but they really are that good. The midrange response over open duel exhausts is simply fantastic, as is the sound, especially above 4000 RPM. My only problem now is that after getting more power from this bike, I want even more, and nothing says more power like a big bore kit lol That'll have to wait a couple years I'm afraid.

strokerlmt

First, thank-you for serving, glad you are back. Paddy, take care of Melissa she has to be pretty cool to get you a bike. Great looking bike, ride the shit out of her, enjoy.
LMT

FoothillRyder

Two Stroke
Ditto on LMT's post. Thanks for your service lad.

Very, VERY nice Bonnie. Melissa has wonderful taste in motorcycles. ;)

My advise regarding the wrists is to take the twisty route around to avoid that discomfort. :D

Paddyboy30

Two Stroke
I love my wife very much, but she really doesn't have much taste in bikes lol I actually spotted this one online and asked her to pick it up for me. Still, she wrote the check, she did the paperwork, and all I had to do was sleep on a C-17 for 18 hours (thank YOU, Ambien!)

If you don't mind me asking, how tall are you and if the rearsets help in comfort at all with the M bars. So far, being 5'10", I'm pretty ok with the lower bars and factory pedal position but wonder if rearsets would be much more comfortable.

I've got the LSL rearsets on my T100 and at 6'1" tall with a 32" inseam, any more and the rearsets would have been a mistake. But I would imagine that at 5'10", they'd suit you just fine. I noticed that once I put the rearsets on, my knees tend to hug the tank more. With stockers, I found myself riding spread eagle. With 'M' bars and rearsets, there ain't no going back for this clown. :D

qwenzel

Two Stroke
Paddyboy30,

I too am glad you made it home ok. You sure are right about the guys at Eurosports,
they are the only people I'll let touch my baby.

Stars&Bars

Two Stroke
Thanks for your service, glad your back safely.
Real Sporty Ride. Black is fastest. Get ahold of Cafe Racer Magazine, I've seen stuff featured in there that wouldn't stand a chance next to your ride in a custom beauty contest. Might as well get some magazine page photos with your bike there, Who knows?
All Y'all with Heavily stepped on Bonnies ought to check into getting a photoshoot with all the current interest in Cafe Bikes. Heck, some of the best looking machines are located right here. Who gives a rat's ass about seeing another article on a GSX-R? Not me, Give me more custom Cafes!!

benjamindickens

Street Tracker
Nice looking ride enjoy the rearsets I have found them awsome and installed ace bars on my Bonne SE which is great for that cafe racer look. Enjoy your ride mate a job well done!

Kindest regards Ben Dickens