Mecum bike auction

Kirkus51

Hooligan
Man oh man. I'm sure all those BSAs taking up space in somebody's shed are gonna go thru the roof now.

The bargain of the auction IMHO was the CBX selling for 4k (or so).

And the guy with the Henderson didn't sell it, even for $185,000 and no auction commission!

Bob80220

Scooter
Evidently this was the first time Mecum devoted a day to auctioning motorcycles. Yes, there were some nice BSA's that came from a couple of collectors. It appeared to me that the majority of the offered motorcycles were for the "collector" to have in there personal inventory and not to be enjoyed by riding them....not my mentallity, but I'm not a collector. And yes, the dude with the Henderson turning down $185,000.00 and no commission was to me surprising. I have no idea what that bike's value is to a collector but I do know $185,000.00 is a s**t load of money...just sayin.

Bob

RoyNC

Street Tracker
CA0811-112933_1.jpg

Yeah the "Quasi Moto" CBX definitely has the most odd looking seat. What was that dude thinking?? Easy enough to replace.

mark66

TT Racer
It appeared to me that the majority of the offered motorcycles were for the "collector" to have in there personal inventory and not to be enjoyed by riding them....not my mentallity, but I'm not a collector.

Bob

Same here. As my Motorcycle Classics tee shirt says on the back.....DON'T HIDE IT.....RIDE IT!