My New Ride

Stars&Bars

Two Stroke
Real nice looking Thuxtonized Bonnie Black! You lucky dog! No, not because of your bike, I have a Black too, but because I see snow on the grounds!
You see, down South, at sea level, it fuckin HOT! And extremely humid! Why I'd bet that ain't even mesh your wearing is it? I start sweating bout the same time I'm buckling my half helmet on these days. Why last Saturday, a group of us went down to Yamassee, SC and the blazing pockets of air we rode through felt like when you open the oven up to check on a pizza, I know most of the riders on this site are suffering the intense summer heat and you show a picture of your fantastic bike enjoying riding with a background of snow covered peaks, Well Sir, you just invoked, jealousy!
Anyway, Welcome to THE Forum.
A picture of my destination last Saturday. The Sheldon Church Ruins. First burned to the ground by the Brits during the Revolutionary War then rebuilt and the the son of a bitch Sherman did it the second time while passing through back in 1865. This is now a historical site.

Attachments

• Sheldon Ruins- SC.jpg
    Sheldon Ruins- SC.jpg
    98.7 KB · Views: 0

Mike Britton

Two Stroke
I feel your pain, jdub. 107 here in Dallas today. One thing about it tho... we will still be riding come Thanksgiving.

Alobar

Scooter
Yeah Jdub the riding up here at 9,600 feet is pretty good right now, all though today at 7 AM it was 46 degrees! I don't envy anyone in that pizza oven hotness, but I am going to wish the riding season was a bit longer up here once the snow starts to fall again.

Rich - Keep in touch. Glad to take a ride around Summit County some time.

Thanks for the comments everyone.

08BB

Scooter
Tough looking ride. I miss the mountains of the west being on the East Coast the last decade. Used to ride to Sierra Blanca 12,000 ft in New Mexico.

Mike Britton

Two Stroke
I was out on the Scram a few days ago, and the asphalt road I was riding on was actually soft enough you could feel it through the handlebars!
But October here is greatness!

benjamindickens

Street Tracker
Sweet looking bike mate and good to see you out enjoying it and yep it is dam easy to keep spending with many parts to customise and personalise your ride WELCOME

MMasz

moped
That is one uber bad-a$$ looking ride, Alobar! Did you have the bike with the stock dual exhaust and if so, did you notice any difference in the handling with the weight loss of the 2 in 1?

MMasz

moped
First burned to the ground by the Brits during the Revolutionary War then rebuilt and the the son of a bitch Sherman did it the second time while passing through back in 1865.

LOL!! Spoken like a true southerner. I kinda admired Sherman who chose to whip the rebels by taking away their ability to fight rather than kill everyone (like Grant)

Alobar

Scooter
MMasz I didn't ride the bike with the stock exhaust so I can't comment to that.

Those are the risers!

And lastly they are definitely decals. I like the one on the tank I think it looks ok, but I think the "Bonneville" decals on the side panels look cheap and not so good. Going to remove them eventually.