Sprint service in Geogia

R

Robe338

Anyone in Georgia using sprint cell phone service? Im thinking about switching from at&t, but only know one person who is using Sprint. Im curious about the coverage, customer service, any extra charges for roaming and what not.

Thanks

Bonafide

NBR founder
I have Sprint. Both personal and work. Had the personal cell service with them since the early 90s. The only service issues I get are when I'm deep inside some of the Govt building around here or the real remote areas in NE GA Mtns. If you're gonna do their data plan - I do believe it's the only remaining true Unlimited Data for a fixed price. As of July 1st - all the other providers went back to charging X amount for X amount of service packages.

R

Robe338

Hey Bonafide Im guessing you have traveled with it out of state then, Was the service good? ID say I go to Florida, Alabama and South Carolina the most. My At&t service seems to have worked everywhere I traveled, its just more expensive

Bonafide

NBR founder
Yup - been to all those States and more. Never an issue. I have an A T & T air-card. I have issues with it's signal strength around the Metro Atlanta area .. and their customer service sucks.

koifarm

Hooligan
You might take a look at Verizon. A group of us canoes the Upper Suwanee twice a year and had been having trouble getting any cell service while on the river. While at a restaurant in Fargo, I noticed a lot of folks with cell phones and began asking which service they were using, almost all of them used Verizon.
Since that time I've been using it and have never been without signal no matter where I went, even on a recent fishing trip up in North Central Tennessee when most of our party of eight's cells had no service in the middle of a huge lake, Verizon was getting two bars.
Just a suggestion. It might work for you....I don't use data so don't know about that aspect.

R

Robe338

Thanks for the input Kiofarm. I thought about verizon. Good cell coverage but pricey - just like at&t. I decided to try out the sprint service. I can cancel it in 30 days if i dont like it. Sprint roams off of verizons towers so maybe ill get the best of both worlds??

I keep clicking on here thinking its about ST's and GT's.

Sorry Mahart. Im sure a discussion on ST's and GT's would be more intersting.