I'm a Dad!

strokerlmt

Congrats.....having our 2 daughters was the best thing that happened to my wife and me. They bring constant joy as will Luke. I took pictures and vids but I have to say stay on topp of it...I missed some some periods and now that they are so big and growing up so fast I regret it.
Congrats to both of you.....what a great journey ahead....
LMT

monty

Street Tracker
Congratulations and may I wish you all Iechyd Dda { Good health} from Wales.

You have a new best friend.

Regards,

Monty.

Oil Burner

Scooter
Awesome, K!

Be careful... time flies just like people say. My son Kenny Jr. turns 1 year old in a couple days, and it absolutely flew by. Being a new dad is tiring, sometimes frustrating, and not cheap (diapers, wipes, formula, repeat...), but it's about the best thing in the world. As they develop a personality and respond to and recognize you, it's awesome. Do your best to love every minute of it!

Kframe

Street Tracker
Thanks for all the replies and encouragement!
We're smack dab in the middle of Tiredville, have spent some time in Frustrationton and Scaredberg, but overall we're really enjoying the ride!
:drive:
-K

KingBear

Hooligan
All the best to mother, father and child. The weariness will be supplanted (or is is supplemented) by poverty.

Congratulations!

BobM

Two Stroke
Congratulations on the birth of your son. For the next 20 years you will not have any disposable income, and you will be happier than you ever thought possible. I always say that my kids are the best thing that ever happened to my life. Watching him smile at you for the first time or blow bubbles or hug you will reduce you to jello in side.
You are a lucky man, love him and enjoy him everyday you can.

Demar

Two Stroke
Big Congrats to you and your wife...... start saving for college NOW.

Mine are now 24, 21 and 15. It goes by fast.

Kframe

Street Tracker
Big Congrats to you and your wife...... start saving for college NOW.

Mine are now 24, 21 and 15. It goes by fast.

On the other hand, most financial planners advise that you can borrow for college, but not for retirement...
So, I'm starting a savings account for Luke, but not a college fund, at least at this point. And, his savings account is likely to be in precious metals, not FRN's.
-K

Kframe

Street Tracker
Don't you love the way babies smell?
And the best part of being a dad: everyday is Father's Day.

Yes, most of the time! He does make stinky, but not really that bad right now. Once he starts eating real food is when it gets nasty, from what I've heard.

He really is an awesome little guy, I find myself standing near the crib just staring, and feeling incredibly lucky and proud!
-K