Stress relief ride yesterday

strokerlmt

One daughter was at a birthday party, the other was wiped out from her best friend having been here for 3 days and my wife needed to veg in the yard for the afternoon. I had worked for 15 days in a row and I was grumpy. So at 1 0'clock I sat down on the the girl, popped open the gas cap and shook her back and forth a la Steve Mcqueen and saw I had a 1/2 tank. Fired her up and I was on HWY ONE north leaving Cambria headed for the Big Sur Highway 20 minutes north. Beautiful cool clean California coastal day. There is a big straight away just before you hit the mountains and it was clear so I put the spurs to her and crossed easily into ton territory. Stopped at Ragged Point Inn where there was a blues duo playing outside at the mini diner. Had a cool one and headed back south. Stopped and took a picture. Pulled into Sebastians at The Cove where the Hearst state park and pier is located. saw some friends had a cool one and headed home. Totally de stressed when I shut the garage door.
LMT

Attachments

• Ragged Point 007.jpg
    Ragged Point 007.jpg
    11.9 KB · Views: 0
One daughter was at a birthday party, the other was wiped out from her best friend having been here for 3 days and my wife needed to veg in the yard for the afternoon. I had worked for 15 days in a row and I was grumpy. So at 1 0'clock I sat down on the the girl, popped open the gas cap and shook her back and forth a la Steve Mcqueen and saw I had a 1/2 tank. Fired her up and I was on HWY ONE north leaving Cambria headed for the Big Sur Highway 20 minutes north. Beautiful cool clean California coastal day. There is a big straight away just before you hit the mountains and it was clear so I put the spurs to her and crossed easily into ton territory. Stopped at Ragged Point Inn where there was a blues duo playing outside at the mini diner. Had a cool one and headed back south. Stopped and took a picture. Pulled into Sebastians at The Cove where the Hearst state park and pier is located. saw some friends had a cool one and headed home. Totally de stressed when I shut the garage door.
LMT

Bravo my man... Bravo! :c

Sal Paradise

Hooligan
A guy from work came up Sunday with his 916 and we had a Bonny vs Duc duel in the mountains. Nobody went nuts or anything but with 2 pretty good riders ( IMHO ) in the empty mountains we decided to show off and the results were fairly predictable. The Bonny did manage to shine in the twisties but the Duc was no slouch either. I think the Bonny had a slight edge because of the big front wheel and the uncertainty of a bump on a mountain road. Powering hard off the apex usually buys the Bonneville some huge gaps with my cruiser friends but the Duc would claw its way out of the turns and I got no real separation except what he granted me.

The results were -he stayed respectfully back - and by the day's end we both were impressed.The real difference was at every stop sign he had to put his bike in neutral and stand up,but I was comfy. My buddy said he was surprised at the torque of the Triumph coming out of turns. His bike makes another 10 or so ft lbs of torque but 2000 rpm higher. So, the bikes were a very compatible pair on those mountain curves and nobody had to wait for anyone so it was a lot of fun.

dscn0832.jpg

GEDC0079.jpg

GEDC0077.jpg

Last edited:

wobblygong

Street Tracker
Aaaaaagh guys, it's bitterly cold down here on east coast of Oz.
The wind's whipping up from the Antarctic and driving the wind chill factor way down.

I am sooooo envious of your ride Lach. Great pic. That's a fantastic stretch of coast you have to play in.

Sal, the countryside looks just great. Except for the absence of eucalyptus gum trees, that second photo could be anywhere in NSW.

All going well, next year fellas, next year. I'll beg, borrow or steal a bike if I have to.

Thanks for sharing,
Rod

mark66

TT Racer
Nothing like a nice ride over some great roads to relieve that stress. Makes you forget about all the B S and enjoy the life around you at that moment.

Bigted

Two Stroke
A guy from work came up Sunday with his 916 and we had a Bonny vs Duc duel in the mountains. Nobody went nuts or anything but with 2 pretty good riders ( IMHO ) in the empty mountains we decided to show off and the results were fairly predictable. The Bonny did manage to shine in the twisties but the Duc was no slouch either. I think the Bonny had a slight edge because of the big front wheel and the uncertainty of a bump on a mountain road. Powering hard off the apex usually buys the Bonneville some huge gaps with my cruiser friends but the Duc would claw its way out of the turns and I got no real separation except what he granted me.

The results were -he stayed respectfully back - and by the day's end we both were impressed.The real difference was at every stop sign he had to put his bike in neutral and stand up,but I was comfy. My buddy said he was surprised at the torque of the Triumph coming out of turns. His bike makes another 10 or so ft lbs of torque but 2000 rpm higher. So, the bikes were a very compatible pair on those mountain curves and nobody had to wait for anyone so it was a lot of fun.

dscn0832.jpg

GEDC0079.jpg

GEDC0077.jpg

Jayzus, wish I had roads as nice as you have. Very very few quality roads, twisties or pavement where I'm at. You're very lucky.