Illegal Fireworks...

LA_Geezer

Scooter
Actually, I thought it was rather sad. Maybe people in NYC don't know how to handle fireworks, but they're set off by individuals here for several holidays — New Years' Memorial Day, The 4th and Labor Day. Not so much this year because everybody's broke and out of work.

B06Tang

Cafe Racer
Safety is the catch-all word today...if there is a threat, then legislate it and make it illegal. That is our governments role for us now...

loxpump

Rocker
Bomb squad technicians today destroyed 5,000 pounds of illegal fireworks -- ranging in size from sparklers to professional pyrotechnics -- ahead of the Fourth of July holiday weekend.

Sparklers are illegal? What about snakes, they leave a nasty black stain on your concrete sidewalk.

"We want everyone to enjoy the Fourth in the city, but fireworks in the hands of an amateur are extremely dangerous and illegal,” said Mayor Bloomberg.

What a Richard Head.

Lone Trumpet

Street Tracker
Heck... I just thought the video was 'cool as hell' (as dschief put it). Never really gave the political aspect of it any thought. All fireworks were banned and 4th of July fireworks displays canceled in this area, due the the severe drought conditions we've been having since winter. No real fireworks for me, so watching the video was the next best thing this year. Actuallly... I think watching the video was even better. :D

Cheers :cheers: