Another geezer newbee

LA_Geezer

Scooter
Hello all. Just joined today. I found out about the forum as a result of a google search on a Triumph part number.

I bought a 2011 Speedmaster this past May; it was delivered in early June and I've been enjoying my daily rides on it ever since.

I started on PTWs on Christmas Day in 1958 while my father was assigned to the American Embassy in Paris, France. I gave up riding when we returned to the States 3 years later because Mom & Dad didn't think it would be wise for me to be riding a Lambretta in the Washington, DC area; they did let me buy a car, though, a year later when I finished high school.

I've loved Nortons, Vincents, BSAs and Triumphs ever since I became aware of them more than 50 years ago. When I returned to riding a few years ago I started with a Vespa, but soon tired of its lack of power, sold it and bought a Honda Shadow VLX (which I still have).

I am hoping to organize a ride this coming October during the Zwolle (Louisiana) Tamale Festival. It would entail riding from north to south along the Toledo Bend Lake after taking in the Zwolle festivities. Zwolle is just a few miles from Toledo Bend.

If you're in the Ark-LA-Tex area and are interested in a ride like this, give me a holler.

B06Tang

Cafe Racer
welcome to the forum where at the end of it all...you are amongst other Trumpet lovers. I'm with you as the Brit bikes always grabbed my eye the most.

koifarm

Hooligan
Howdy

Thanks for joining the forum, sounds like you have had a bit of bike experience under your belt, looking forward to some pictures of your machine...

:welcome:

Koifarm
:sidecar: