Another slow Bonneville

Sal Paradise

Hooligan
pulled out normally and then and decided to show some spirited acceleration. I wonder if all Bonneville's are this slow..

Another Slow Bonny

Basicaly filmed just to give an idea what a bafflectomy sounds like ... cam inside helmet.

Last edited:

jimham

Scooter
pulled out normally and then and decided to show some spirited acceleration. I wonder if all Bonneville's are this slow..

Another Slow Bonny

Basicaly filmed just to give an idea what a bafflectomy sounds like ... cam inside helmet.

Sounds great! How "deep" into the bafflectomy did you go? All the way to have to re-jet? Seriously considering this since the TORs are now almost 500 bucks and I can pick up a pair of stock cans for around 100 bucks.

Sal Paradise

Hooligan
This should clear things up - I used a hole saw for metal from the hardware store to completely remove the rear baffle. I was able to cut the rearmost baffle plates and then by bending and twisting I gradually got it out. Let me know if you need more information on that part. Then I took 1/2" rebar and knocked it through the inner baffle plates.

bafflectomy picture

Most importantly I pierced baffle #2. I took the pipes off the bike to do this and when I finished I could see daylight through the tail pipe.

I enlarged the intake of the airbox and took the restrictor plate out and rejetted to 135's

Last edited: