Luggage rack for standard (double) seat?

Jodell

moped
I have an 07 Scram & wish someone could give me an idea for how to attach a good, servicable luggage rack? Thanks --silentJames

Oil Burner

Scooter
I have the Ventura rack system and highly recommend it. There are other options available also, like the Renntech rack. I'm sure others will chime in with options, because there are quite a few for the Scram.

FoothillRyder

Two Stroke
I also have a Renntec and like the piece; but if you will also be looking for good luggage then consider the Ventura. I already had the luggage I wanted, and the Renntec works for me.

scramjam

Scooter
The Thunderbike rack has served me well. I use it with both the full size gel seat and also with the single seat and rack.

http://www.thunderbike.co.nz/shopn/spi//tbike_3_SCR

The single seat and rack along with the Thunderbike rack will hold a good bit of gear. I use a cheap duffel bag and a small pack for long trips.

These pics aren't the greatest but they do show the rack combinations.

Attachments

• Pictures downoladed 8-23-09A 006.jpg
    Pictures downoladed 8-23-09A 006.jpg
    66.7 KB · Views: 0
  • Pictures downloaded 2-26-09 002.jpg
    Pictures downloaded 2-26-09 002.jpg
    43.3 KB · Views: 0
  • Pictures downloaded 2-26-09 001.jpg
    Pictures downloaded 2-26-09 001.jpg
    41.4 KB · Views: 0
  • scramblerrack3.jpg
    scramblerrack3.jpg
    43.8 KB · Views: 0
  • scramblerrack2.jpg
    scramblerrack2.jpg
    44.4 KB · Views: 0
  • scramblerrack5.jpg
    scramblerrack5.jpg
    47.2 KB · Views: 0

Old_Eric

Scooter
Because it is difficult to find commercial rack systems, I made one myself.

Attachments

• new pannier frames1.jpg
    new pannier frames1.jpg
    95.5 KB · Views: 0
  • new pannier frames2.jpg
    new pannier frames2.jpg
    81.1 KB · Views: 0

9mmMike

Scooter
I have a Renntec on the bike I just bought. It looks neat but I have no idea what to do with it. What luggage fits this thing? I've been using my old Cortech tailbag mounted ahead of the rack, on the back of the seat as the rack is too small.

FoothillRyder

Two Stroke
I have a Renntec on the bike I just bought. It looks neat but I have no idea what to do with it. What luggage fits this thing? I've been using my old Cortech tailbag mounted ahead of the rack, on the back of the seat as the rack is too small.

I mounted a top case on mine (nothing like having lockable storage), and use a Saddlemen TS3200 bag on the back of the seat ahead of the top case. Here's a pic:

ready.jpg

There are more pics of the setup on my blog (link is in my sig).