Video: My Girlfriend's awesome riding

I haven't done one of these in a while so I finally got my creative juices flowing and actually made a video of my girlfriend's return to riding the track after 10 weeks from recovering from a laundry list of injuries. She actually got to ride my 675 (since her SV650 was in a state in repair) and for the first time she dragged knee. I'm proud of her!!! I was actually behind her and watched her do it and passed her riding a red R6 and gave her the thumbs up. Witnessing her drag knee totally made up for witnessing her crash (that was terrifying). Thanks to a friend of ours for showing her around resulting in her breaking her knee-scraping cherry.

http://vimeo.com/25331370

mark66

TT Racer
Really nice job on that video. I enjoyed the hell out of it!!
You've got a great girl there. Takes a lot to go though those injuries and get back up and do it again.

78gold

Two Stroke
Video

Much Kudo's Sofia, as someone who has been there you have my utmost respect.

Great Video by the way, something to show the grandkids one day.

Ride Safe
Nigel

12 ribs, clavicle, scapula, and a collapsed lung?

she's a fucking keeper.

...dont forget (although hard to see on the rolling bottle)...4 minutes confirmed loss of consciousness and road rash. The road rash was across her belly from when her two-piece suit popped.

jphickory

Banned
Toob, creative video and you apparently have a courageous girlfriend and that is commendable. I realize that on a motorcycle forum my post may not have much support - but 10 weeks after her injuries seems too soon for her to risk another fall. Remember - when you are young you get injured and you heal. You think at the time that you are completely over them. Later in life these same injuries return in the form of chronic arthritis, pain etc. I am reminded of this every morning getting out of bed - I hobble for the first ten minutes because of pain from previous injuries - mostly from soccer and football. I look back and wish I had been more careful with my body - I was fearless too - and now I am paying the price. Just something to think about. I wish somebody would have talked with me about this 30 years ago.

cynr1023

TT Racer
Great Video and great job to the woman for getting back on!!

JP, while I am beginning to suffer from the damage I put my body through and understand what you're saying; would you have listened 30 years ago?

jphickory

Banned
Great Video and great job to the woman for getting back on!!

JP, while I am beginning to suffer from the damage I put my body through and understand what you're saying; would you have listened 30 years ago?

That is a fair question and I honestly don't know the answer. I think it would depend who was telling me and what evidence they had to support their advice. I do get your point, at the time you feel like you are made of steel and future health concerns are not on the radar.

Sal Paradise

Hooligan
That is inspiring - very brave - I hope she rides safe. At the ripe old age of 45, I see a little clearer how fragile it all really is and I appreciate those who ride and take the incredible risks we all take.