What is wrong with this bike

zx 800

moped
Look at this bike and can you tell me what is wrong.

Attachments

• $(KGrHqQOKigE3D48Hu(DBN7CMVCgMg~~_12.jpg
    $(KGrHqQOKigE3D48Hu(DBN7CMVCgMg~~_12.jpg
    67.5 KB · Views: 1
Last edited:

gregs57

Scooter
For some reason someones reversed the forks and guard so that the brake caliper is to the front.
Check the brake hose and the hose guide on the front guard.
Also, it doesn't seem to have a clutch cable fitted.

Last edited:

Bonafide

NBR founder
For some reason someones reversed the forks and guard so that the brake caliper is to the front.
Check the brake hose and the hose guide on the front guard.
Also, it doesn't seem to have a clutch cable fitted.

+1 .. swapped the front brake around (why?) and there's no clutch cable. IMO, looks like a jack-leg has been working on it.

Savantjk

Street Tracker
Agreed. I can't hold a candle to most of the guys on this site, but I can see that plain as day. I feel sorry for the guys bidding it up. No telling if there may be other surprises.

koifarm

Hooligan
Other stuff kinda goes with the little sissy bar and back pad...looks like a Honda mechanic got his hands on it....maybe there's a clutch lever styled like a suicide shifter on the LH side we can't see...????

Tomintoul

Two Stroke
Wouldn't touch it with a barge pole. If someone's so dumb as to put the forks and caliper on the wrong side, what else have they 'fixed'?

Savantjk

Street Tracker
$%28KGrHqIOKi4E3qVLN85JBN7CM!Lhfg~~_12.JPG

So it does have a clutch cable at least.

Lobo

Scooter
That is just wrong and I am sure dangerous. Someone already asked him the question about the Forks and Disk and he still says it's right. I just sent him another question asking if he found some kinda of brake upgrade by mounting it wrong.

Edit : Just saw this :

On Jun-09-11 at 20:33:57 PDT, seller added the following information:

Thank you ebayer for pointing out my rookie mistake. I have changed the forks so that the brake rotor is on the left side.

Last edited: