were to mount a gremlin bell, or riding bell

phil

Street Tracker
My wife bought me a riding bell the other day and I was wondering if anybody knew the best place to mount it... some people say to mount it as low to ground as possible , I couldn't find many places on the bonne to mount it...any suggestions? :huh:

BlueJ

Blue Haired Freak
The angle of the shot makes it look a lot more dangly than it really is. Mostly it's not visible...

dsc_1662_20b.jpg

Easy13

Street Tracker
You could tie it off to one of the chain adjusters. I'm not a fan of those things, but if your wife got it for you... You gotta do what you gotta do.

JRMSR

Scooter
On the front lower frame plate is a customery location. This way you can check if it's still there easier. I mounted mine higher up on the Oil Cooler lower mount.

Cheers
Jeff:motorbike2:

JRMSR

Scooter
Gremlin Bell or Spirit Bell, given to you by someone else is a good luck charm and is suppose to keep the road gremlins and evil spirits from causing you trouble either mechanical or personal. I personally don't believe in such things, it's nothing more than a superstitous belief.

Mine has the USAF emblem on it. It's a memento of over 20 years service and a constant reminder of our price of freedom. This website has a large assortment, good guys and fairly prompt in shipment. http://www.rudedogleather.com/guardian_bells/guardian_bells.html

Cheers
Jeff:motorbike2:

Last edited:

RoyNC

Street Tracker
I tied off one to each sting of fringe coming off my harley bagger. I even attached one to each string on my braided handle bars. Now I just need a few more for my tassly jacket and assless chaps. The biggest problem is that they are all hitting my chrome and they add about another 8 hours to my already 16 hour clean and polish.