Fucking Cagers

B06Tang

Cafe Racer
It's been a while since I have been in here posting up and thought I would 'return' and give you the lo-down of my events. I got to Japan about a year ago now and faced with getting raped by the Japanese govt for about 4 grand to get my creamsicle on the road with import testing. I opted not to throw my money out the window to never see it again so I put my Bonnie up and keeping her until I rotate back stateside. In the meantime, I picked up a very nice and fun 1999 Harley Davidson XL1200 sport out in the local economy. Of course I love my Trumpets but my choices are limited over here and I'm not going to pay a crazy price just to ride a bike for four years and then take a bath on the sale because I can't bring it back with me. I got the sporty at a good deal and was having great fun on it.

Then one day I was riding back to work after lunch. This is on an Air Force base so I am required by base regulation to wear appropiate safety gear along with an orange reflective vest. Additionally...I had the bell 500 orange sparkle helmet. I am by no means the most camoflouged guy at 6'5" rolling down the road decked out in reflective orange. That is what I thought at least. I was going through an intersection where it was my right away, the car on the other side of the intersection was at a complete stop...I saw this before I even entered it. I made it about 95% through the intersection and for some reason, the fucking moron drives...drives his suv right through my rear shock and into my back tire. Bent my frame in three different spots, tore off his bumper and front grill and sent me into a wicked fish tail. I tried getting the bike back but there was no way...the second I knew I was going down, I made sure to jump right and push the bike left. I have been riding quite a while now and it has been my experience that my worse injuries happened when I got molested by the bike on the ground. Amazingly, I walked away only with a sprained ankle from the whole thing. The guy nearly shit his pants when I got up off the ground and started hopping towards him while he was still in his car in a fucking rage.

Be careful out there guys. I am convinced now that fuck holes in cars do not see us...they hear us. Unfortunately I only had stock pipes on my sporty; had I put the pipes on that I wanted then I have no doubt I would of ever been hit. From now on, I will pay any decibel ticket I get slapped with...I don't give a shit. I will not be hit by a car again like this. They simply do not give a fuck and don't bother to look for us. Make them hear us and we might have a chance. The GREAT part of the story is that I found a Japanese spec'd Bonnie...2007 silver and black girl! So now I am back on a Trumpet where I belong and I am doing every effort to soak that mother fucker as best as I can that hit me. So I am going to return now and start putting up pictures of riding in Japan...I figured you guys didn't want to see it from a Sporty but I'm back :D

ivar

TT Racer
Good to hear that you made it without worse injuries. And congrats on getting the Bonnie you wanted.

BTW, I'd think the ignorant cager will be reminded to look out for bikes each time he's paying the bills from hitting you

neuroboy

750cc
I credit being safer all around (be it on moto, car, or bicycle) as result of having my motorcycle. . . to not get hit you really need that sixth sense when you just know that jackass is going to turn into you.

glad you made it out ok and that the driver didn't turn in front of you.

Last edited:

JRMSR

Scooter
I've been to Japan and I know where your coming from. I remember the main roads and expressways where always crowded and people generally drive bumper to bumper. You'd think with the speed limits the way they are, people would be more aware. It's just the opposite. I glad your alright and hope you recover quickly. Good choice on the Bonneville also.

Cheers
Jeff:motorbike2:

mark66

TT Racer
Good to hear from you again.....glad you made it through the accident OK. No matter how hard you try to be defensive you just never know. Bam, it happens. That's why as riders we just have to protect ourselves as best as possible and never fall for.....it won't happen to me. Hard way to end up with a Bonnie but now it's time to make that fucker pay for his fuck up and maybe he'll be a little more careful the next time....

B06Tang

Cafe Racer
Thank you to everyone welcoming me back; you guys are right...it is a hell of a way to get back on a Triumph but at least I am as my silver and black girl is getting delivered today! A lot of my buddies don't get it; coming over here with a '06 and now putting an '07 right next to it. To me it makes sense; I can actually sell this bike back when the tour is done, I don't give the government the 4 grand for the import test, and I already have the after markets that I want...I just swap them over and ride.

The funny thing about this accident is that it happened right on the damn base! Wide roads as to the American standards, everyone going real slow because security forces are just itching to actually give someone a ticket, and reckless driving is almost at zero. It couldn't have been a safer scenario with everyone wearing their personal protective equipment because of being on base. Then this jerk off just drives straight into me from a stop sign...right into my rear wheel.

Japanese traffic law does not believe in no-fault accidents. The other driver (me in this case) will have a certain percentage of blame just for being on the road when it happened. My situation was pretty extreme so the insurance company came back and offered 90% - 10% their fault; my agent told me that he has never seen a business come out and offer that right from the start. I guess the company is shitting their pants about losing their contract as their employee just plowed into an active duty member. My insurance agent, who also is in my club and rides with me and lives in the local community here, told them to go fuck themselves with 90%. The next day they came with 95% in which he told me to take it as he has never seen 95% in the 20 years he has been doing this.

Fortunately, Harleys do not de-preciate over here in Japan so this guy is really getting a bill! My agent is also going after bodily injury as I am on profile now from work and can't perform my duties that I am supposed to. My wife, and this is the unfortunate truth, was driving to pick up my three year old son from school and saw me sprawled out on the road and then get life boarded into the ambulance. I wasn't hurt that bad but it is base policy to get life boarded if you crash on your motorcycle regardless of the severity of the accident. So now my wife was stressed out as she grabbed my son from school and hurried back to the hospital...my wife is also seven months pregnant right now. So yes, this guy that hit me is getting put through the meat grinder right now. Fuck him...maybe next time he will take that extra second and look out for everybody. Had he pulled out a second earlier, then I would of been undercoating on his car. But all is good and the new Bonnie is arriving today!! :D

B06Tang

Cafe Racer
You aint lying moto...it could of been a hell of a lot worse. No one could believe that I walked from this; the paramedics were telling me that they were looking for the blood and the body when they arrived because of how the SUV and bike looked. Then they saw me hopping on one leg after the guy...son of a bitch was trying to move his car to change the accident scene!

T-boy

Rocker
Glad to hear you're OK, Tang. We all need a little luck now & then. Good pickup on the "new" Bonnie.