Turn signals dead

henrys

Street Tracker
My turn signals stopped working about a month ago after washing my bike. I've been too lazy to fix it until now. I've checked the relay and the switch for moisture and all the fuses. Everything looks fine. What normally goes wrong in this situation? I looked at the wiring diagram and its terribly simple. Just want some pointers on where to start first.

henrys

Street Tracker
I took it apart and blew it out with compressed air. It didn't look bad. I'll take a look again though.

Stars&Bars

Two Stroke
My signals quit working right after I had washed my bike about a month back, and even had the red low oil pressure light slowly start shinning. Got my Echo Blower and blasted air all over to dry, tipping the bike over port to starboard and signals started blinking again and low oil light slowly faded out. That light cost me a ride on a fine day as I wasn't gonna take a chance of burning up the motor in case it wasn't just moisture in the wiring. Dryed out completely by next day after leaving it all day out in hot sun.
Am now looking into that waterless cleaner for next time.

henrys

Street Tracker
So could it still be a moisture probablem even a month later? It's been real dry here in texas.

loxpump

Rocker
Mine quit working when I put them back on after my last track day.
Turned out to be the flasher unit. Found a used one on E-Bay.

henrys

Street Tracker
Is it special or can I find it at the local auto parts store? I have a feeling it might be something like that..

henrys

Street Tracker
Did a little research and it seems to be a pretty standard part. Hella #66051 which is avail at the auto parts store for $10. I'm going to give that a shot and report back.