Good Bye Old Friend

ThruxTonUp

TT Racer
Well after 7 years and 42,000 miles I've sold my beloved Thruxton. She was a great bike and I'll miss her. She went to a good home though and I'll see her on occassion.

Of course before I even delivered her to her new owner at the Maggie Valley ralley I had her replacement in the garage! Still have Scott Forsythe's Bonnie too.

The new ride is a unbelievable and so much fun to ride.

triple1.jpg

CIMG3687.jpg

slowgator

750cc
Man I keep looking at the pics of your new bike. Took Bonny out today for a spirited ride and turned 19K and found myself thinkin' of trading her in for a Street. Have always been attracted to that model and am curious about your experience transitioning from your Thrux to the Street. I even like those headlights!

simpson

TT Racer
Beautiful new bike...and it is just a bonus that your Thruxton found a good home that will "keep it in the family".

Great seeing you in Maggie Valley.

-simpson

nohawk

Rocker
I dont think Ive ever heard anything negative about the Street Trip, I bet youll love it man. Your Thrux was the one of the best, the new owner must be stoked.

Chris in NC

Street Tracker
John, Chuck rode the Thrux to the annual Rockers Reunion in Indianapolis this past Saturday. He parked the bike alongside a couple hundred other Brit and European bikes. He spent half the afternoon answering questions about it.. You got all the credit, with the exception of it's now 'state of cleanliness'..

You should be ashamed... :)

He's happy as a pig in poop.. and I know you're the same. Did you decide on a pipe for the triple?

ThruxTonUp

TT Racer
John, Chuck rode the Thrux to the annual Rockers Reunion in Indianapolis this past Saturday. He parked the bike alongside a couple hundred other Brit and European bikes. He spent half the afternoon answering questions about it.. You got all the credit, with the exception of it's now 'state of cleanliness'..

You should be ashamed... :)

He's happy as a pig in poop.. and I know you're the same. Did you decide on a pipe for the triple?

Glad he's enjoying the bike, no pipes yet for the striple, I like the look of Leo Vince for high pipes and the full Arrow 3 into one for low pipes. I have the Sargent seat and that mada a huge difference, people that think the stock bonnie seat is bad have no idea until you try out a street triple. That seat sucks.

See you at Brits in the Blue Ridge.

ThruxTonUp

TT Racer
Man I keep looking at the pics of your new bike. Took Bonny out today for a spirited ride and turned 19K and found myself thinkin' of trading her in for a Street. Have always been attracted to that model and am curious about your experience transitioning from your Thrux to the Street. I even like those headlights!

Go for a demo ride at the dealers, The street is like riding a Schwinn Stingray with 100 HP. The cornering is effortless, acceleration is very strong because the bike is light 416 pounds wet. Watch the front in the lower gears as it gets very light:motorbike2:. Braking is excellent, ride super smooth with the R versions adjustable damping and preload. The seat really sucks but a new Sargent fixed that. I road a new speedie in CA for a week in 08 and I like this bike much better, the power isn't as intense, but the light weight and easy handling are much more to my liking. And the sound the triple makes is beautiful, especially at 13000 RPMs.