Tiger 1050 power socket for GPS?

scolepdx

Scooter
How scary is it to take off the fairing and get to the power socket?

I bought a TomTom Rider and the Triumph GPS power cable and I want to do it myself. The instructions with the cable are lame and the owners manual doesn't show any details about where the socket is or how to take the fairing off. I think the socket is around the headlights, but how much do you have to take off to get to it?

Thanks,

EncoreJoe

Scooter
It's no problem -of couse I used to own a BMW K1200LT :)

You'll find pictures and instructions on the Tiger 1050 forum.

From memory - remove the 3 screws for the upper fairing around the turn signals on each side. The turn signals have 2 wires on each side that unplug from the harness.

then there is one screw per side to release the upper trip piece around the forks on each side. They have 2 rubber grommets also holding them so pull gently toward the rear of the bike to release them.

then the 4 silver hex head bolts you see hold the nose piece on. You'll have to hold on to it as you remove them or get some help. The GPS socket has a blank plug in its end and it is the highest one wrapped in blue tape. The other one is for heated grips.

I installed the connector since I was also installing the low beam HID but I don't have a gps yet.

good luck!

Joe