a bud bought a Hypermotard.

Kirkus51

Hooligan
Well, since his knee replacement is feeling pretty good, my buddy went out and bought a new Ducati hypermotard 796. The design of these adventure bikes don't light my nose hairs up, but I glom onto one thing. The sucker only weighs 360 lbs dry. 80 hp and a light bike has got to make for a great ride.

Easy13

Street Tracker
I test rode a Ducati hypermotard a couple years ago (maybe 1000 cc?). Absolutely the most fun you can have with your pants on, but more than capable of getting you into something you can't get out of. Wicked in the twisties and vicious fast when turned loose. One of the few test rides I recall in technicolor detail, soundtrack included at no extra charge. A bike like that fears nothing but a well-handled litre-class sportbike.

Kirkus51

Hooligan
Oddly enough sweat, I compared the new new Tiger 800 with the Hypermotard and they are similar enough that I would consider them in the same category which is called Adventure by Triumph.

An Adventure bike (or ADV) is for on/off road. Dual sport. Adventure is not a Triumph-unique term any more than cafe racer is a Triumph-unique term.

The Ducati Hypermotard is not in any way intended for off roading.

Check out ADVrider.

Its funny how everyone says you need at least 3 bikes to be Happy. Currenty I have a Daytona 675 and Bonneville and have always been bouncing around what the 3rd bike would be. For the longest time it was going to be an SV650 that would be primarily for track use.

I think now the SV650 would replace my Daytona 675 for when the day the D675 has a grand demise. I think the 3rd bike would actually be a motard because I see how stupid fun they can be and you can go to some cart tracks and do trackdays for cheap...like only $40 for the whole day!

I've been thinking a lot about a Hypermotard, or similar, lately. I also want a medium-sized dual sport, and a dedicated sidecar rig to haul my dogs around.

I already have the Bonnie and the FZ1. I think I'll need 4-5 bikes more bikes, at least....I just bought a house so my bike budget is fucked for at least a year. Oh well.

Did I mention I'm single? Haha.

Kirkus51

Hooligan
God. All of a sudden this thread is getting into semantics. Adventure, SuperMoto, Hypermotard.

All I'm saying is the Duck looks awful and probably goes like hell and handles like a weasel in a drainpipe.

And every time I swing a leg over my Bonnie it's an adventure.