Out in the woods

Sal Paradise

Hooligan
I'm out on geo-technical assignment and my Bonneville is super convenient for getting me in where my van cannot go.

GEDC2489.jpg

Minnewaska cliffs are visible in the back ground. Stake labeled "A-Area" is an archeological area.
The state will "pave paradise" here in another year this will be building and parking lots.

When I bought the Bonneville the dealer mentioned they are decent in gravel and dirt. I think its true, I'm riding for business, but its also a pleasure. In dry conditions, on logging roads, the Bonneville is pretty amazing. I've had it a mile back, will post more pictures as the job progresses.

Then takes me 20 miles back home!

All in a days work.

mark66

TT Racer
Sounds like your havin' to much fun Sal, your going to have to start calling it play and not work.:)

Sal Paradise

Hooligan
No, Minnewaska is in the Southern Catskills.

I would not mind a Scrambler, but its basically the same thing. The bike does fine in the forest if its dry and you aren't racing.

wobblygong

Street Tracker
Sal,
Must be beautiful up in those woods about now. Riding the bike in that area would be magic!

Looking at that pic gives me itchy feet. C and I are heading back to Vancouver next Feb. After 2 weeks in Big White, we plan on renting a car to drive east across Canada then south towards NY and Washington. Expect a call. (You too, Nick.)

Wobbly

Sal Paradise

Hooligan
Awesome. Looking forward to it.

I have to say, if you and Clare can go round the world twice,then I guess Julie and I will have to go once at least!

This is the best time here. May is absolute magic.

Kirkus51

Hooligan
Springtime, when you've been scooping snow all Winter is magic. Here in the Mile Hi my big tree out front is just beginning to leaf out.

Sal Paradise

Hooligan
Rod,

reminds me of that old song,

"Papa was a rollin' stone
Wherever he laid his hat was his home
And when he died
All he left us was a loan."