Bafflectomy on TORS?

cycleddie

Scooter
I was just reading through some of the excellent archived articles and thought the bafflectomy looked intriguing, even fun. I have TORS on my 03. So, can this be done to TORs, or is it just for OEMs? I keep looking into the end of the pipes and they have that "extra" pipe inside the chrome one so, I'm thinking, Yes. Let me know if this is possible or even necessary for TORS, thanks!

2Monkeys

Street Tracker
I assume that the reason you want to do the bafflectomy on the TORs is to make them louder... so why not just buy some louder pipes and sell the TORs?

I'm sure you can punch thru the baffles and make the TORs louder, but it is a one way mod, and no one is going to want to buy molested TORs when you decide they are now too loud, my 2cents.

rodburner

Rocker
I thought TOR's were already straight through. A simple bafflectomy on stock pipes is just poking holes in the baffles to allow more than one path through each plate,beside the factory tube interconnects. If TOR's are chambered,and you like the looks of them and you want to modify them,have at it. I modded my stockers years ago and they were louder and deeper sounding than un-modified TOR's.

Stars&Bars

Two Stroke
I modded my stockers years ago and they were louder and deeper sounding than un-modified TOR's. - rodburner

What did you do to accomplish this? I'm sure your mod is interesting to more than just me. Thanks

Deano

Two Stroke
I modded my stockers years ago and they were louder and deeper sounding than un-modified TOR's. - rodburner

What did you do to accomplish this? I'm sure your mod is interesting to more than just me. Thanks

I would be interested as I would like a deeper sound than the TOR's. They can be a bit blatty.

rodburner

Rocker
I'm a bit less delicate with my bike than others when it comes to mods. I just cut a chisel point on a piece of 3/4" gas pipe and pounded it in,poking holes and busting welds. Subtle.

Sal Paradise

Hooligan
My debaffled stock mufflers now have 15,000 miles on them and they sound much louder and deper than when I first did it. I removed the rear baffle entirely and then punched a 1/2" rebar through the other baffles, all the way to the front. Did it while the bike had 200 miles on it.

I should record the sound, they are not farty or burbly, nor blatty, they sound right.