No Start, No electrical power

Looking for some advice; Went to fire up my 06 Bonni and heard a click and lost all electrical power. Removed the battery and checked all the fuses. All fuses tested good and reinstalled the battery. The dash lights came back up and when I pushed the starter, I heard the click again and all electrical power was gone. Battery measures 12.8V. I have no power. Is there a fusable link somewhere or a relay I need to test? The OE service manual I have is not as helpfull as I thought it wold be.
Thanks for your time and advice.

panick

moped
Sounds like a classic battery issue.
IF the battery is a few years old I would replace it and 10 to 1 it will be good.

That said, if the battery is new and recently on a charger, it could be something else.

Hope this helps

John

BlueJ

Blue Haired Freak
Tighten down the battery lugs real good. That exact thing has happened to me on several occasions, and every time, after following the Haynes instructions on checking the solenoid, etc., I've remembered to tighten down that positive lug and vroom.

Good luck!

Thanks Guys, I'll try the battery retorque. I always keep this battery on a tender so I am realitivly sure it is good. I will go have it load checked just to be sure.

Shorty

Two Stroke
I don't know how different your 06 is to my 02, but mine has (2) relays under the left side cover. Over the years I've replaced both of them at least twice due to electrical / starting issues. One of the relays ties into the starter system and the replacement is a GP Sorensen # MR78 which can be bought at Autozone. There's different physical sizes of these relays and it's best if you take them with you to compare. I can't remember which one is which, but I think it's the one towards the front of the bike. Just change them both for around $10 or so.
Obviously, the battery is suspect like others have mentioned. I'm on my third, but my second one was damaged when my house got hit by lightning and fried my battery tender causing a dead short across the battery. Hope this helps.

Hello all,
Thanks for all the advice. I boosted the battery w/ a charger and it fired! Seems the battery is on it's last leg. I have an 03 harley w/ the original battery. I use a tender on both so I thought the Bonni would be good for a few more seasons. I think I'll replace both just to be safe.
Thanks again:headbang2: