Vintage Cream and Chocolate origions?

T100JIP

Scooter
Gents,

Our 2011 T100 has arrived! I heard it run (using the term loosely) but I probably won't pick it up for a week or two. While googling Triumph Thunderbird I came across a color photo of what appears to be an early 50's Thunderbird in Cream and Chocolate colors. Maybe a 1952 or 1953 model. Does anyone know if this was a model for Triumph's new 2011 T100 in those colors? Thanks, T100JIP

LINDY

Two Stroke
I don't know about the origins, but I did see the color option at my local dealer, I like it:).

I cant help with origins either But do like the colour. Tried a search on google (no luck either) But did come across this picture http://www.hcmc.com.au/browse-by-category/detail/145-triumph-bonneville-t100-

Its a Hypertext picture, so not able to save it for myself or for that matter show image here? Anyone know how?

EDITED LATER
There was apparently a 1978 1/2 T140E: Chocolate Brown and Tawny Gold

Cant find any picture to compare tho?

Last edited:

T100JIP

Scooter
Thanks for the leads, I was just curious as I don't remember seeing a Triumph from the 60's like that. I think it's one of those love it or hate it colors..
T100JIP

T100JIP

Scooter
Stars and Bars.....it IS that....I wanted something the opposite of "flashy"...it's about the colors of the file cabinets at work!!
T100JIP

Keith Harding

Two Stroke
I saw one in my local dealer a couple of weeks ago and it looks fantastic. $15,000 is a lot of brass though...:worthy:
Now you mention it, it does have that filing cabinet sort of colour! I won't be able to look at the thing in the same way again!

Must be the T bird colour Cuz it ant the Choc brown/ tawny gold 78 Bon

78TriT140V-Brn-L.jpg

78TriT140V-brn-R.jpg

and thanks lindy re the pic I could not paste

Last edited: