CF Tank Pads

Savantjk

Street Tracker
So I've been tossing around the idea of these tank pads.. since I had the badge holes welded shut and applied triumph decals under the clear coat, I want something smooth. With the tank being dark grey now, I'd like to tie in some black.. and I think the carbon fiber could mix the grey and black well.. But I just don't know how I feel about it... CF just reminds me of ricers now that they over-killed it with carbon vinyl wraps and stuff that serve no purpose at all.

bonnie_tank_pads_2-285x212.jpg

on
moto_0487.jpg

Any thoughts?

strokerlmt

I think your tank looks great.....I really like the TRIUMPH clear coated on the tank. Personally I think the carbon fiber doesn't go with the theme of your bike.If you want to do CF you probably need a chain guard or side covers ...heal guard....sometime for the eye to follow. Bike looks good...
LMT

Savantjk

Street Tracker
I'm working on the F3 swap with black wheels and I guess I had that in mind when picturing it. I wouldn't really dig them with the spokes. I would do a heel guard.. but I STILL don't have rearsets! I also have the D&D 2:1 exhaust kit.. so it adds a little more of the sportier look too.

Thanks though man! I appreciate it. I like the outline letter because it puts something there.. but kept the tank color showing through and kept it smooth. Your bike is constantly evolving and always looking different and great!

AceT100

Rocker
In my opinion...for what its worth......

NO...NEVER....HELL NO....NEIN....NOOOOOOOOOoooooooooo.....

The tank looks great WITHOUT the c/f...Its NOT a H*nda....

BUT...at the end of the day...

Your bike, your money, your choice.

Savantjk

Street Tracker
haha thanks guys. I was skeptical of them... as you could tell in the original post. I just wanted something smooth right there and that's all I could find with the right shape. I was thinking it would come across ricey... y'all confirmed that.

begenius

Scooter
Knee Pads

:)Savatjik
why dont you go with original ruber glue on Triumph Knee pads??
they cost around 60 euros/pair

just a thought....

Gene

Savantjk

Street Tracker
:)Savatjik
why dont you go with original ruber glue on Triumph Knee pads??
they cost around 60 euros/pair

just a thought....

Gene

Gene,

I had the triumph pads on my bike before the new tank.. I ended up selling both sets. I always had a problem with the reduncancy.. I'd look at the tank and see TRIUMPH TRIUMPH and it may seem stupid.. but it got to me. I also had intentions to keep the new tank smooth, which unless I find some blank tank pads that fit the contours, I will do. I just wanted extra opinions to see if the guys here had the same opinions I do on them taking away from the look, or if some had a different perspective. The cf pads are a no-go. No worries guys!