Bmw R75/5

oldroadie

Scooter
This lovely example of a 1971 R75/5 took up residence in my shop yesterday. Needs a little project time to get back on the road and then who knows what will happen; maybe a sweet little cafe ride to piss off the concours judges:eeek:

One thing's for sure, the mini apes have got to go!

SpandauIron.jpg

strokerlmt

Cafe racer.....look at the 2 to 1 exhaust already, clip ons, cafe seat, some paint and it would be very cool......
LMT

Savantjk

Street Tracker
I'm digging the black on alloy. The old bmw bikes are sweet, I'd love to have one.. maybe after school is done.

I definitely agree those bars have got to gtfo.

FoothillRyder

Two Stroke
Nice score!

Now ya got me thinkin', maybe a cafe theme for my R50/2 instead of a sidecar...

Or maybe a IOM TT sidecar! :eeek:

drlapo

Hooligan
cafe=good
my 85 R80 is an "S" model with low bars and cockpit fairing
it's a great go anywhere all day bike

oldroadie

Scooter
Got it running today, but only for self-satisfaction because I'll have to undo all of today's adjustments once the carb rebuild kit gets here. That pipe sounds pretty cool, too, just enough growl to compliment the bike. Next: test ride <:)

oldroadie

Scooter
Skip the cafe and head straight to scrambler :)

500-bmw-scrambler-classic4.jpg

That boxerschmeide.de web site has wetted my appetite for a scrambler and since this R75 doesn't have concours written all over it that's going to be my winter goal...a dual purpose pavement and gravel runner. Chunky Heidenau tires, Metal 7 West alloy fenders, solo seat, and some kind of mash up between the 2 into 1 headers and a 2 1//2" SuperTrapp muffler. Stockpiling parts now, pictures of the disassembly to begin next month :)

Mike Britton

Two Stroke
Oldrodie! That scrambler is the tits!! See how many of those show up at your local bike night!! I have friend that has a 75 dorment in his garage.....HHHMMMM.....

2Monkeys

Street Tracker
That scram setup it freakin awesome. I've never been a fan of high pipes but that bike pulls it off and then some! Wow...

oldroadie

Scooter
the last time I saw a BMW with high pipes was in Pittsfield MA in 1973: the ISDT

It'll be some time before I even attempt the high pipes. With the MAC two into one that came on the bike I'll most likely by a universal SuperTrapp can and adapt it to the header much like the first Hammarhead Jack Pine bike.

oldroadie

Scooter
Yes it is. I'm going a bit more toward the crustoration side. Got my first piece in this week, a set of Renthal Vintage Desert bars...they're going to look really good. Also figured out the exhaust: I'll be using the existing 2 into 1 headers and a 12" long 2.5" dia. extension that ends in a Supertrapp disc assembly. Ought to look real threatening :) but actually be pretty tame. Watching a sled seat on eBay, put in a good thought for me...pictures once the wrenches start turning.

Pipes:
twoinone1.jpg

Renthal bars on, old fenders off:
1stlook.jpg

Last edited: