Keeping busy buring my job search

MattRat

TT Racer
Hi, guys..long time no see

I am still bikeless (and again jobless) but I found something to keep me busy during my slow days:

A friend dropped this off at my house. Pretty sure it is going to need a complete rebuild, but I'm slowly getting into the engine when I have time.

(It's a really slow bike)

busa007.jpg

Last edited:

MattRat

TT Racer
not sure yet - it's burning oil and sounds like shit. I'm running a compression test tomorrow to see where we stand. it's an 03 with about 15k miles on it - I'm just gonna make a wild guess and say the guy who owned it before my buddy spent too much time on one tire...from what I have read the oil system on these doesn't work too well when the front tire is up high for extended periods.

After having the FZ1 for a few weeks, I really want to ride a Hayabusa, I think...

I don't think I'd want to work on one though.

D9

Vendor
Oh sh*t... the beastly 'busa... Matt, if you get that thing sorted and running right... you could be in real trouble :D :motorbike2:

T-boy

Rocker
Take pics of your progress, Matt. Should be an interesting rebuild. Once it's done you'll probably have to keep it for a few weeks to make sure everything is A-OK...right?

MattRat

TT Racer
Take pics of your progress, Matt. Should be an interesting rebuild. Once it's done you'll probably have to keep it for a few weeks to make sure everything is A-OK...right?

Yeah - my friend lives in Austin, about 125 miles from me...I think I'll go visit him in 45 minutes :)

MattRat

TT Racer
Hmm, Matt, how many points on your DL so far?.....

I am more worried about deer than cops in my neighborhood!

More points is better, right? (says the guy who got caught by Connecticut cops cracking the ton the day before I sold my bonnie)

MattRat

TT Racer
got the head off today - anyone have a good suggestion for cleaning ridiculous amounts of carbon deposits from a valve? (don't reallywant to trash them for new valved unless I have to)

nohawk

Rocker
Hey Matt, Id check those exhaust valves from the cylinder with the loose exhaust real close. Maybe they are warped now from the extra heat and if the stem is warped it could have screwed the guides up too.