Cheap HiDef Camcorder

koifarm

Hooligan
Got mine today

Thank you for choosing our company designed and developed series of security products thope it can help your life safe and happiness!

This one says 808 car keys micro-camera #260727456255

Pretty much like the others out there, $12 free shipping, I got a 4 gig SanDisc micro card at Wally for $12.95 for it. It's charging now.

mark66

TT Racer
Damn, I keep forgetting to go get a card for the camera. I know I'll go to use it and then......shit, I forgot to get a memory card.
Hope this thread stays active.....it may be my only way of remembering to get one.:nut:

koifarm

Hooligan
Still struggling with getting the cam to work with Windows Media player, it's going through something called "sync center" now...any clues?

Sal Paradise

Hooligan
It just opened as a new USB drive wih my computer.

WMP is a player. I wouldn't use that until I had already recorded a video and downloaded it.

I don't think you can use it as a webcam.

koifarm

Hooligan
Thanks Sal, I took a break and came back to it and now have files I created in testing it.
Just needed a nudge from you to figure out how to access the device. Was wading through the instructions without really thinking about it much and got all tangled up with those.
I must have downloaded the drivers cause the video is okay, I'll do a test tomorrow and see what happens, just need to practice a bit to get everything smooth and in line..
It's a trippy little camera, I've already figured to put it on my dog's collar and do a "dog cam" thing with it...lol..and of course I'll try the bike soon.
Thanks for finding those things....what a trip...

An addendum, on my laptop, it shows up as external F: it must have recorded the date since it's current with today's date.
I'm guessing that if you delete the files on the laptop, and you can only do that when the cam is plugged in, that it clears the sd card inside the cam, is that right?

Last edited:

koifarm

Hooligan
Still trying to get a video uploaded to Utube....It's telling me 840 minutes to upload and keeps crashing after a couple of hours....aah well, any hints would be appreciated...tried a zip file but still nogo...

mark66

TT Racer
OK, I'm good to go. Got the micro card and video works great. May be some time before a ride vid though as my bike won't be out for a few more weeks.

koifarm

Hooligan
Finally!

Well now, after determining that my laptop was fucked, I got the video uploaded via Utube on the desktop, it took almost eight hours but worked just fine.
What you will see is me taking off from the barn, down the drive to the road and a turn around and coming back, six minutes.
Video is amazing for such a tiny cam. Mounting was just in front of the windshield on the sidecar, piece of foam under and tape holding it on.

http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=1qJwqmhagxc

Sal Paradise

Hooligan
For me, this was a failure. The video quality is fair, the price is low, but the aggravation is simply not worth it. These things are not user friendly, reliability and quality issues add to the problem and the bottom line is I now have 3 of these things at $15 each sitting on my desk, none of them work and I wasted 10 - 15 hours fiddling around with them. I have had all three "working" at various times but never got past experimental videos. Now, for unknown reasons, all three just blink when I press the power button.

koifarm

Hooligan
Mine's still working, I have to remember to charge it up once a week for fifteen minutes or so but it's still doing okay....I modified the case to allow the "on" led to shine brighter (reamed out the little hole) and that helped on sunny days....
I' do fly r/c aircraft and have to get out and strap it on my J-3 Cub to make some low passes over the 'lineup' of modelers and feed that back into the website, I'll post when I do that. I'ts ideal for the r/c models...just that the uploads are lengthy but that's solved by leaving it on all night to upload while I'm off doing other things.