M Bar Perversion?

Arkwright

Two Stroke
I'm in love with a set of bars... M bars to be precise.

Am I perverted???

Fitted them about an hour ago and just been for a very chilly ride around some of my favourite local twisties. I can't believe a set of bars can make so much difference to the handling and ride comfort.

Do they have a down side? Well if you can call it a downside, they do make you ride more aggressively, at least that's what they did too me. But I aint complaining, it was fantastic and feels like I've got a new bike and instantly learnt a new way of riding.

Maybe they haven't had the same effect on other m bar converts, but for me they are a revelation.

Now if you'll excuse me, I'm just going to sit on the bike and play with my bars...

drlapo

Hooligan
now we need to go through a dozen messages explaining if you have them mounted "upside down"?:huh:

Arkwright

Two Stroke
Damn... guess it wasn't that simple then.

I assume I have them upside down as I believe they were designed to act as a substitute to clip ons and I certainly don't have them in a 'clip on' position.

loxpump

Rocker
Not only is there 2 positions, but at what angle is the best. Maybe a new thread is needed for that specific topic. Not sure what my angle is but I set it with a transit.

mark66

TT Racer
OK....up, down, dropped, raised, angled. :eeek: I gotta get some. Seriously, that will be my next easy mod, while I'm waiting for the fricken show to melt.