Thruxton chasing a Scrambler

Pete R

Banned
I stuck one of those $10 keyring video cameras on my bike (thanks again Sal!!!) and went for on a Poker Run last weekend with the Rats Cafe boys and girls. I got some footage of us heading down the Putty Road in NSW - what a great motorcycling road it is.

After about 2 minutes into the first one I catch up with my mate Davo on his Scrambler and then chase him through and over the hills. Here's the links (remember it's only a 10 buck camera!)

http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=Oqu1UAj8zp4

And more of the Scrambler from behind the Thruxton's Clipons...

http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=9B_GOCaTfS8

Now I'm going to save up for a good Camera to get some decent footage and audio!

koifarm

Hooligan
Amazing pics, my cam is on the way, if you guys are getting ten to twelve minutes of film that's not too bad.
Are you foam mounting them? Or just taping them on ?....I'm figuring to try some with the cam mounted on the nose of the sidecar to see how it goes that way and maybe some other alternate places on the car frame..should be fun...where's the damn mailman?

Sal Paradise

Hooligan
Thats great - nice riding - and for that price we can all put up videos. You could get whatever length of time you want depending on what size SD card you put in.

Also, I have found that taping them somehow distorts the sound. There are entire forums where they mod these things, including opening them up and splicing the microphone wires to make a remote mic setup . The mic is right in the front.

Last edited:

Pete R

Banned
I've got 16Gb micro SD cards in my cameras (I got two of 'em :D ) however they both seem to turn off after about 35 minutes. I didn't run out of memory and the battery wasn't flat so maybe it's a preset switch off after a certain period thing. I shall have to experiment.

Another thing I'd like to point out is that in some of the other clips I shot it was raining quite steadily and the camera kept working...and still works now.

mark66

TT Racer
Nice vids Pete.....just received my camera yesterday and now have to get a card. No hurry though....still can't get the bike out anyway.

nohawk

Rocker
Nice videos Pete! That camera is awsome for 10 bucks
BTW do you know what kind of bike that was in the first video that took off at about 2:00 with the passenger on the back?