The Oscars. Your predictions??

Kirkus51

Hooligan
83rd Annual Academy Awards, February 27th, 2011
Best Picture: Black Swan, The Fighter, Inception, The Kids Are All Right, The King's Speech, 127 Hours, The Social Network, Toy Story 3, True Grit, Winter's Bone
Actor in a Leading Role: Javier Bardem, Jeff Bridges, Jesse Eisenberg, Colin Firth, James Franco
Actress in a Leading Role: Annette Bening, Nicole Kidman, Jennifer Lawrence, Natalie Portman, Michelle Williams
Directing: Black Swan, The Fighter, The King's Speech, The Social Network, True Grit
www.oscar.com

strokerlmt

83rd Annual Academy Awards, February 27th, 2011
Best Picture: Black Swan, The Fighter, Inception, The Kids Are All Right, The King's Speech, 127 Hours, The Social Network, Toy Story 3, True Grit, Winter's Bone
Actor in a Leading Role: Javier Bardem, Jeff Bridges, Jesse Eisenberg, Colin Firth, James Franco
Actress in a Leading Role: Annette Bening, Nicole Kidman, Jennifer Lawrence, Natalie Portman, Michelle Williams
Directing: Black Swan, The Fighter, The King's Speech, The Social Network, True Grit
www.oscar.com

The fighter
James Franco
Natalie Portman
Kings Speech

AceT100

Rocker
The young girl in True Grit should win best supporting actress if there is any justice in the world.

Other than that.....not interested ....

strokerlmt

I'm with Simpson on this, who cares.

I don't watch awards shows or reality TV or news.....I guess I watch very little.
But I do like a good big screen movie with my wife.
Hate the loud rapid sceen young people films...good directors classy actors and some smuggled in popcorn in my wifes purse.

BobM

Two Stroke
"Because the Academy numbers among its members the most gifted and skilled artists and craftsmen in the motion picture world, its Award stands alone as a symbol of superior achievement."

And you care what comes out of this shit.

Shut up and do what you're paid for; Pretend to be someone your not.

msc66

Two Stroke
Its funny, I don't remember the title of this thread being "who hates the oscars" or "who doesn't give a shit about the oscars" or "fuck the oscars". I guess some people are just natural rebels. :nut:

ssjones

750cc
I'm not a big Oscars fan but I am a big movie fan. That's what happens when you travel a lot. A good movie beats sitting in a hotel room. My favorites this year:
The Fighter - Christian Bale is from another world. Leo was great as well in that role
True Grit - I really like the movie but I'm not sure it had any Oscar worthy roles

There hasn't been a movie released this year that has interested me enough to pay the $$$$$$$ to go see it and get:popcorn:. That makes me unqualified to respond to this thread!!!

Kirkus51

Hooligan
What a crappy show. I agree with most everybody that it was a freakin' dud. I guess they were trying to get a "younger demographic" and failed miserably. This is the 1st Ocsar show that was hard to watch. You know it had to be be bad when the best thing about it was a holograph of Bob Hope. I'm sure the movies were good, but the award show sucked.

1st Oscar show I was actually disappointed in.

Krap!! Am I dissing my own thread. Time to go for a toot.

Kframe

Street Tracker
Bleh, how utterly underwhelming.
I'm glad I only watched the last hour or so, but dang, that was some boring drivel.
I can't say my expectations were that high though, so, whatever.
:yawn:
-K