First & Last performance mods

Deano

Two Stroke
Yes, I dabbed some grease on when I changed the coils, and I wiggled things around yesterday too.

While it was hot it was running on only the one cylinder even after sitting for 15 minutes.

After I returned with a trailer and started it to drive it up it ran normally again.

I'll be curious to see what the dealer finds, if anything.

I didn't feel lucky yesterday, but I really was.

Thanks!

Joe

Hey Joe,

so sorry to hear about your scram problems. I know that if I had as much trouble as you I would have considered buying another bike, but I have fallen in love long term with mine, and think even if I blew the engine up, I would redo it.
Keep us posted Joe, be interested to see what the problem turns out to be, sometimes these things can be the smallest thing causing the biggest problem. I had a spark plug lead once that kept doing a similar thing, wasnt until I completely replaced it that the problem stopped, but it was the last thing I did after everything else had been tried.
Good luck

EncoreJoe

Scooter
Back from the dealer

I just returned from trailering the bike to the dealer to solve this problem. The mechanic had a Thruxton and put 40,000 miles on it so is knowlegable on our engine.

He rode it 25 miles and of course it was running on both cylinders and all was well.

He said that sometimes when a coil goes bad (I had the right cylinder quit firing before) it can ground through the ignitor and cause it to begin having intermitent problems.

He recommended carrying a spare ignitor and next time it happens to replace it and see if that does it, because I had replaced the coils and sensor already. (He checked the spark and charging system which were OK)

I think I'm just going to order the aftermarket one and do that. The cost of that is less than TT&L of a new bike, right?

The funny thing is I stopped at several dealers on the way home browsing their used bikes in case I saw something to trade the Scrambler in on.

The usual response of salespeople that saw me drive up with the Scrambler in tow was to ask questions and admire the bike and not even ask why I was there or what I was looking for.

(Except the genius who wanted to sell me the Honda fury because "all the chicks will want a ride") That sales line made me laugh!

So, I'm buying an ignitor and keeping Scrammy. What do you think?

Joe

mark66

TT Racer
That's what I would do Joe. The only reason I would trade it in on something else is if I really didn't like riding it.

EncoreJoe

Scooter
Friends?

Got any local friends with a Scrambler who can lend you their igniter before you spend a pile of money? It's five minutes to check it.

What is this thing called "friends"? ;)

I'm in a Triumph poor area and since it is running right today switching it may not tell the story.

I've ordered the Procom unit and will just carry it it until I lose ignition on one cylinder and then will switch and see what happens.

I don't know how else to check it unless it is malfunctioning at the time.

I'm going out in the garage to install those TORS and rejet now!

I'll keep you all posted. Thanks.

Joe