Hello from Niantic, Connecticut!

cycleddie

Scooter
Hey guys,

I've been a forum member for about a month and you guys are awesome. I've learned so much in preparation for my purchase. Presidents day weekend I am picking up a 2003 Bonnie t100 from a guy who's selling locally!! I can't friggin' wait!

I have plans to then bring it to European Cycle Services in NY state for a complete dyno test to have it running her best! Has anyone here used these guys ?

My brother-in-law says they pride themselves on their service and decent prices, and they are great guys who love motorcycles.

mark66

TT Racer
Welcome from a couple of miles west of you. Let us know how you make out with ECS and the dyno run.....I haven't heard of them but interested to hear how you make out.

cycleddie

Scooter
Thanks Mark!

Nice to know of another bonnie rider so close! Do you know of anyone else in SE Connecticut? I'll be sure to post all about my ECS experience with pictures. Where do you go for service around here?

Ed

mark66

TT Racer
I tend to do everything that I can on the bike myself. But for dealerships, there's Gengras in East Hartford, there's Libby's in New Haven or Branchville Motors over in Ridgefield. I've only been up to Gengras and that's just to look at bikes. I pretty much order on line anything that I need. You can always use the search function here on the forum and get the info you need concerning mods or work you want to take on yourself.
You must be crazy for spring, getting that T100 now.....I know I am.

cycleddie

Scooter
I'm going to learn all I can to do as much as I can with the bike. This site really is amazing as a resource with really knowledgeable members who are more than willing to share their knowledge!

You have no idea, or maybe you do, how much I can't wait for spring. Got a few small jobs to do like put a sissy bar on for my daughter who is just as excited as I am.

drlapo

Hooligan
the guy who manages the Colonial Car wash in Niantic, Dan, is a Triumph rider
I have 5 Triumphs in Canterbury CT

cycleddie

Scooter
Hey,
Thanks for letting me know. I'll stop by and introduce myself. I'd like to get a weekly riding going this spring! Anyone in SE CT interested?

cycleddie

Scooter
I had no idea about Bennington! Looks awesome! that is something I would definately want to do. Of course, I'd have to get clearance from the boss (wife) first. But, I think she'd be willing to get rid of me for a couple days.

Mark- we gotta get some rides together!

I can't believe this. I'm not even picking the bike up till tomorrow morning (can't friggin' wait) and I already got invites to ride to a bash and do some local rides.

You guys are the coolest!

cycleddie

Scooter
Alright guys! I just picked up the bike! Took some pics as soon as I got home. I'll put them up here when I figure out how to!
Psyched!!!!

irishrider60

Scooter
CT Rides

If you are ever over near Woodbury, shoot me a note and maybe we can connect. Congratulations on your new ride!

cycleddie

Scooter
Thanks Irishrider. I'm still trying to get the pics to post! Very frustrated... I'll be sure to drop you a line if I plan any rides for the waterbury area. And, if you ever find yourself in SE CT (New London, Old Saybrook area) let me know. I'll show you around some great back roads!
Ed

cycleddie

Scooter
OK, I'm trying one of those on line picture resizer thingys so here it goes...if this pic comes out I'll be sure to post some more.

Attachments

• php5IiD8TPM.jpg
    php5IiD8TPM.jpg
    43.4 KB · Views: 0

cycleddie

Scooter
Alright that's my first try and i see it's too small but I learned a lot and will do a better job tomorrow. Can't see much detail but at least I can verify that the bike does exist!
Later!