Blasts from the Past pics

pepper

Street Tracker
Show your motorcycle related pictures from the past.

Here's some from my pirate days, 20 some odd years ago, in and around southeast Arizona:

Down in Skeeter's new neck of the woods. I think this somewhere between Tombstone and Patagonia.

IMAG0284.jpg

pepper

Street Tracker
Tombstone with the kids and some friends

IMAG0281.jpg

IMAG0277.jpg

Nick on Dories shovel after I rebuilt it. The car there on the left was my '47 Desoto.

IMAG0276.jpg

pepper

Street Tracker
A shovel I did for Dorie. It's an 81 wideglide but I dropped the rear end and put the cowled FL front end on it. 1340cc w/ Rivera Engineering split lift cam and porcelin black drag pipes. Believe or not my little 105 lb firecracker could kickstart it!

IMAG0292.jpg

Spring camping weekend

IMAG0289.jpg

Loaded down and ready for the ride to Sturgis. Other than a kicker gear bushing wanting to migrate it was a trouble free ride there and back.

IMAG0290.jpg

Last edited:

pepper

Street Tracker
Another shot of the Johnny Cash bike, "one piece at a time". Took a while to pull it all together. It sure as hell wasn't born like that. The disc on the right side of the front wheel is a BalanceMaster. It has mercury in the lip and constantly self balances as the wheel spins. Had one on the rear wheel and clutch hub too. Pretty slick and they actually work.

IMAG0291.jpg

Another shovel I had. This one I bought with an open 3" belt primary. I learned damn fast to tuck my pants in my boots. I've never wanted another 3 inch open belt after that.

IMAG0286.jpg

pepper

Street Tracker
Having a brick and mortar motorcycle shop that's open to the public sounds like a romantic thing, but in reality it's a lot of long hours and a hell of a lot of work. We specialized in Harleys but worked on everything that came in the door; dirt bikes, atv's, baggers, jap bikes, brit, generators, ground up customs, oil changes it didn't matter, if was mechanical and paid, I would take it on and make it go.

Back third of the service area of my shop. To the right, just out of the picture, were the lifts, benches, etc..

IMAG0280.jpg

Kirkus51

Hooligan
I know somebody who has a shop up north of the Mile Hi and his work is kinda drying up since it's all become so damned reliable and is mostly R & R (remove and replace).

pepper

Street Tracker
That Trike with the King & Queen is AWESOME!!!

And great fun to ride too. It's a harley trike rear end, custom frame and early Denvers springer. The owner is an english professor and a helluva nice guy.

pepper

Street Tracker
This was taken in "mine housing" at the Phelps Dodge open pit copper mine in Morenci. We were riding the Coronado Trail that day. Stormin' Norman on the left, Dorie in the middle and yours truely on the right.

IMAG0298.jpg

Class picture, Harley-Davidson Early Model Factory Certification @ MMI. I'm the little guy holding the front wheel down.

NewImage.jpg

slowgator

750cc
Two Triumphs

On my first Med cruise in the Navy I bought two new '70 Triumphs and had them delivered to my hometown of Detroit. One was a T120R Bonneville and the other a GT6+... both great fun. The car's roofline was lower than the handlebars on the Bonny!

The Bonny cost less than $1,000 delivered and the GT6+ was about $3,200...

untitled-3.jpg

Yup, Mr. Zig Zag and bellbottoms. Well it WAS the 70s!

koifarm

Hooligan
Wonderful pictures for sure! Not often you find those oldies but when you do it's like a glimpse into your past...thanks so much for posting these....

Skeeter

Rocker
damn uncle pepper, youve had some neat bikes

well im too young to have cool ol timie photos. i do have some old pictre of my dad drag racing his GSX 1000.

heres a cool pic i bought in san diego

board.png

pepper

Street Tracker
Yup, Mr. Zig Zag and bellbottoms. Well it WAS the 70s!

slowgator, great pic man! And thanks for your service. I loved the 70's and had a great time living 'em.

Nohawk, I started in '89 and graduated the last of the programs in '90. Were you able to take the advanced program? That was my favorite part.

Skeeter thats a cool hotshoe picture man. Take lots of pics when you're out riding now brotha, before you know it you'll be the greybeard with the cool old timie pictures ;)

Grassy53

Scooter
Old school

Just recently found these pics of my bikes from around 1972. Norton commando fastback and 5T triumph. I am a bit concerned the ape hangers on the Trumpy aren't quite big enough. :eeek:

edit8.jpg

edit3.jpg

editIMG_0001.jpg

Last edited:

Skeeter

Rocker
pepper, i take lots of pictures of me and my buddys on our bikes. i want to find them when im 50 yearsold and spend a few hours smilin and teary eyed showin my kids. just like my dad has done with me