Hammered & Screwed Makeover

nohawk

Rocker
Looks good man. What pipes are you running now?

My son is in his 20's, with little ones of his own, and he has great memories of the rides we went on when he was a boy. Somewhere around here I've got pictures of me on my pan and Dorie on her shovel, each with a kid on the back. We used to load 'em up and ride hundreds of miles a weekend, all over southeast Arizona. The love of motorcycling is a wonderful thing to share and something you guys can talk about, and enjoy together, the rest of your lives.

Eight years old is a special age, they still think dad is superman and can do no wrong.

Hey man i remember you talking about riding through texas canyon on a panhead, motorcycles are a wonderful thing, cant agree with you more. Even if my boys dont take to motorcycles they will still know alot about them and thats cool too. Bikes have kept me sane. Post those pics of you and your wife on your bikes, seeing you,her and the kids going down the road would have been rad.

The pipes i m gonna use are some really nice Epco,norton style pipes that I got from Easy13. They are the super low ones so Im not sure how the look will jive with me but Ive heard they sound real nice and I needed something more tame then my old ones.

nohawk

Rocker
Nope,when your old,you go the opposite direction..
Picture1587.jpg

Seeing you go down the street on that thing would be rad too

rodburner

Rocker
Ha,no doubt. If I warm this little clone up to an easy 10-12hp,it should stonk right along..It's my mini Confederate Hellcat.LOL
Picture1590.jpg

pepper

Street Tracker
Hey man i remember you talking about riding through texas canyon on a panhead, motorcycles are a wonderful thing, cant agree with you more. Even if my boys dont take to motorcycles they will still know alot about them and thats cool too. Bikes have kept me sane. Post those pics of you and your wife on your bikes, seeing you,her and the kids going down the road would have been rad.

The pipes i m gonna use are some really nice Epco,norton style pipes that I got from Easy13. They are the super low ones so Im not sure how the look will jive with me but Ive heard they sound real nice and I needed something more tame then my old ones.

Here's one. Nick is on the back of Dories shovel, my daughter (with the red scarf) rode behind me on the '49 pan there in the middle. Gotta love the "winters" in Arizona. I'll start a new thread somewhere else and maybe some more folks will post old pics they have.

IMAG0282.jpg

nohawk

Rocker
Too damn cool!! great viewing material for a thead too. I like the kiddos helmets and the dude on the right looks like my boss!

nohawk

Rocker
The paint shop I went to today said $300 :eeek:

Another guy at the powder coat place said to use good ol JB weld in place of the bondo so Ill give it a try. Dont know how this will turn out but $80 is better then $300. This Triumph primer is a real bitch to get off but its gone.

nohawk

Rocker
Filling dents with JB weld is a little harder to work with then regular bondo but it stands no chance of cracking in the oven Im told, its sands as well as bondo but it is tough to apply.
1296866305.jpg

This is a crap picture but this is after about 6 or 10 hours of sanding with 150/350/500 grit and a wire wheel. Took it to the powder coat shop today and he found a couple of rough spots to work on this weekend. I still dont know what color to go with yet. They have a few.

strokerlmt

Filling dents with JB weld is a little harder to work with then regular bondo but it stands no chance of cracking in the oven Im told, its sands as well as bondo but it is tough to apply.
1296866305.jpg

This is a crap picture but this is after about 6 or 10 hours of sanding with 150/350/500 grit and a wire wheel. Took it to the powder coat shop today and he found a couple of rough spots to work on this weekend. I still dont know what color to go with yet. They have a few.

I have done the JB weld instead of bondo and YES once you sand and fair it out IT WILL with stand the heat of the PC .....been there.
LMT

dschief

750cc
I did a Yamaha tank about 10 years ago, and I found this stuff called "Lab Metal". It worked as easy as Bondo, but they claim it can be drilled and tapped, etc. It has held up very well!

dschief

750cc
Cool, I'll have to remember that for the next tank I do! I actually found the old stuff at a machine shop/pipe fitting store in Salisbury, MD. It's an old family run business called R.D. Grier for anyone in the area. I highly recommend them!

nohawk

Rocker
Got everything put back together yesterday and it feels good but not so sure about the looks, I think I might try to make a trailer fender or something work with the light that came with this mini fender, its super bright. Or I might just get the tank coated and ride the thing.

1297029638.jpg

The headlight bracket is bothering me now

1297029828.jpg

That looks great! I like the silver color of the raw tank. Have you thought about getting it done in a similar color? Maybe like a flat gunmetal etc.

I have that same mini rear fender. I like the way yours looks now. A trailer fender would look cool too, but I dig the minimalism of the current look.

Those tires look tough!

nohawk

Rocker
Thanks! I just took 3 different size hole saw bits and cut the holes in the sidecovers and glued some screen on the back side. Ill probably repaint them black but i painted them silver awhile back and didnt like it so I started to sand off the silver paint and found they look pretty cool with the scuffed up silver paint. Ive had one guy give em a thump to see what they were made of, they look like hammerd metal. Kinda cool.

Texas94fs

Hooligan
Cool shit mate. . .you should put holes in the headlight bracket to match the sidecovers, might help you like em