so I found some mirrors on ebay

MattRat

TT Racer
those are for 7/8" bars with no plug.
'06 bonnie has 1" bars
stock bars have a threaded plug that the barend weights screw in to.
you will need to make some adjustments to get them to fit. If you are using stock bars it will be a problem because of the plug
If you have aftermarket bars you can use some tubing to make it fit.

MES

750cc
if you scroll down the page it say that they are for 7/8 bars. Bonnies are 1".
However you can make an adapter out of thick plastic tubing that slips over the expansion collet to make up the difference.
They should work. Ad also says 1 mirror not a set.

Bonafide

NBR founder
I'm kinda looking at like this ... ever heard the term, "if it's too good to be true ..."??

You will probably gonna end up with $12 worth of viewing pleasure. IOW, not good.

jb's Bonne

Two Stroke
ya you guys are right, I was thinking the same thing you get what you pay for. and I am thinking that are pieces of crap.

MattRat

TT Racer
in the words of my mentor/enabler Hedge, "shoot the lock off your wallet and get the good ones"
CRGs, Rizomas, or Napoleons...expensive but worth every penny.

Hedge

American Infidel
in the words of my mentor/enabler Hedge, "shoot the lock off your wallet and get the good ones"
CRGs, Rizomas, or Napoleons...expensive but worth every penny.
I also said ya hate spending this much money right now but a month or two from now you won't care and you will have the best! Why settle for less? Whose worth spending good money on more than yourself? :)

NewOldSchool

Two Stroke
Yeah dude dont do what I did. I didnt want to pay for high end mirrors like CRGs. So I went with the cheap knock offs from ebay for about 35 bucks. Bonafide was right about the mirrors falling off. It happened about 2 months after I bought them. So I glued them back which was a crappy fix but needed something. I ended up ordering Napoleons to replace them. So I should have just spent the extra in the first place. Still cannot bring myself to spend the 200 on a pair of CRGs, but I understand now why they cost what they do... they work and look good in the process.

Last edited:

FrankBlack

Two Stroke
I went with what might be considered cheap knock-offs from ebay and they're just excellent. I thought I'd have that widely reported problem of glass falling out etc, but - hard as I tried - I couldn't get the mirror glass to fall out or even move! Had them several months and they're perfect. I use only one mirror and on its own it gives me a better view of the road than the two stock lollipops combined. The aluminium appears to be very good quality too and they fit using the stock bolt - just take off the expanding bit and Bob's your uncle.

http://cgi.ebay.co.uk/Suzuki-GSXR-6...kparms=72:636|39:1|65:12&_trksid=p3286.c0.m14

NewOldSchool

Two Stroke
Yup those are the kind I had too. I liked them at first as well. The aluminum wasn't that bad, but it was sloppy on the edges. Maybe the chrome ones cover it more. But one stead on just fine, the other fell off in a parking lot. Maybe the inconsistency of quality is why they are much cheaper then other brands. Anyhow, my experience now taught me to just buy what I want in the first place instead of buying in steps and spending more overall. If the Napoleons are cheap, I am going with Rizomas. Just have to lie to the wife and tell her it was on a hooker. I think she would be happier about that then me talking about the bike again.:D

SCL18

Two Stroke
I went with the cheap napolean knock-offs from Bellacorse and they work fine for me.

a little shakey above 65mph, but otherwise fine.

I've broken 3, so i'm glad i didnt drop the $$ on the nicer ones.

FrankBlack

Two Stroke
Yup those are the kind I had too. I liked them at first as well. The aluminum wasn't that bad, but it was sloppy on the edges. Maybe the chrome ones cover it more. But one stead on just fine, the other fell off in a parking lot. Maybe the inconsistency of quality is why they are much cheaper then other brands. Anyhow, my experience now taught me to just buy what I want in the first place instead of buying in steps and spending more overall. If the Napoleons are cheap, I am going with Rizomas. Just have to lie to the wife and tell her it was on a hooker. I think she would be happier about that then me talking about the bike again.:D

You might be right NOS. But I received 2 sets of these [by accident] and all four mirrors were flawless. I share your philosophy on buying good quality outright, but in this case I took the chance and the quality was there at a fraction of the CRG price. I figured that if they weren't any good I could just send them back or re-sell them on ebay.

Kirkus51

Hooligan
ANY kind of barends would be good. I got a set (first ones I ever put on a bike). I wondered why on earth I never had a set before. They offer visibility far superior to the stockers.

DavidC

Rocker
CRG's

Had CRG's on last year's crashcycle - I liked them a lot. Bought NB Napoleans for the new machine and like them too. The CRG's, however, were small and not-too-noticable with such a broad rear view. I'll get them again sometime. Costly, yeah, but real quality.

drlapo

Hooligan
I purchsed a bar end mirror designed for bicycle in 1969 from a local Norton shop. it is now on my T140. I paid $2 for it
I found a round Halcyon mirror on ebay for my Thruxton it seems that only the rectangular ones are available here
I have Napoleons on my BMW and a cheapo on my speed triple
so the costs range from $2 to $65 and they all do the same thing

DavidC

Rocker
Cheap-o!

Cheapest I found was $13 online [Mirrycle].It works great. Wish I knew before buying the Naps.
184.jpg

nwraindevil

Two Stroke
I baught Nepoleons

from the local dealer. They where made to fit the stock bars. Very nice qualtiy. The only problem is that they only fit stock bars with the threaded plate welded inside and I guess other 1" bars that have the same plate in the ends. I ordered the Flanders 1" Narrow Clubman Bars and they do not have the plate, so the mirrors would not work. I was lucky to have a great local shop that took them back no problem. I have ordered the Nepoleons that use an expanding bolt for the mount. Now the problem is that it has been 2 months and still no sign of them. The stock mirrors are not out far enough to give me a good view arround my shoulders/arms. It will yhave been worth the wait when they get here. Plus they are about $ 50.00 less than the other ones, cha-ching!