Best modification

Kappy

Two Stroke
Hi there,

changed yesterday my sprocket from 18T to 19T. Not that is takes just 20 minutes ( have 2 other much older british bikes where I have to dismantle half the engine to perform this !) to change it but what an improvement that is - just came back from a long ride including highways at speeds of 160 km/h - beautiful !!!

Can strongly recommend the change of the front sprocket !

Kappy

Last edited:

Bonniebret

Rocker
That's been on my "to do" list for too long now. Maybe this year along with the suspension upgrades it will happen.

mark66

TT Racer
Yeah Kappy, that's on my list for this spring. Good to hear you really enjoyed the difference.

Ninja K

Two Stroke
I also performed this upgrade and it makes a huuuuuge difference! At highway speeds, I can finally feel like I can cruise!

The bike isn't as quick off the line and the power band feels really different and I'm still getting used to it but I like the lower RPM at highway speeds.

drlapo

Hooligan
my Thruxton will not pull redline in 5th with stock gearing so I see no reason to gear it even higher
revs are good for a bike

ivar

TT Racer
the gearing's more than tall enough for me when I'm out pretending I have a Scrambler (got the 17T..)
P1000785-1.JPG

em_dot

Street Tracker
the gearing's more than tall enough for me when I'm out pretending I have a Scrambler (got the 17T..)

Good God Man! You rode it all the way to Iceland! ... because I thought there were trees in Norway!

Craigore

TT Racer
I've an 18T sitting here waiting to be installed for my next trip to vintage days AMA in mid-Ohio... has to be an improvement. 700 miles on a 17T in 2 days is a lot.

Best mod??????

I pack heavy and sometime carry a passenger. 18T works fine. The best mod I have done to my Bonnie is intiminators in the forks and hagon shocks on the back. Totally transformed the ride/handling:ride:

This has been the best mod for me:attn:

Deano

Two Stroke
I am running a 19t on my Scrambler. it doe's comprimise the very slow off road abilities a bit, but I found that most of my riding turned out to be highway anyway, and at 120km (which seems to be my crusing speed) the motor is very unhurried. 100km = 3,500 rpm and I think 120km = about 4,000

slobinski

Scooter
After Orygun went to the ethanol blended crap gasoline, I changed to the 19 tooth and regained most of the lost MPG. Getting 44-50 MPG again.

Junking the stock pipes for something a bit more fruity was the number 1 mod for me. It's a Triumph FFS and it should sound like one!

Ivar - wicked picture!

Cheers,

Pikey.

Last edited:

Kappy

Two Stroke
Bill - the Hagon's are on my shopping list too but have lately spent to much money on the bike so the 3 girls in my life have been complaining ever since I started to get into this "T100 modification mode" the last few months, need to slow down and wait for a little while -:)

mikenva

Rocker
The 19 is way better on open highway on long trips.I have a 17,18 and 19.The 18 might be better in town .but not much better .The 17 just makes you think the bike is going better.All revs and not going anywhere.