GoPro users

zmilin

Street Tracker
I know a few of you have the GoPro cameras. What are you using for editing?

I got one and took a real short ride today. Used my iMovie program and it was pretty easy but theres got to be better stuff out there.

msc66

Two Stroke
The new imovie sucks if you want to do real editing. Try final cut express. Around 150 bucks. I just bought it and while I haven't had time to shoot anything to edit yet it looks like just what I was looking for.

Bonniebret

Rocker
The new imovie sucks if you want to do real editing. Try final cut express. Around 150 bucks. I just bought it and while I haven't had time to shoot anything to edit yet it looks like just what I was looking for.

I thought there was a "light" version of Final Cut.

msc66

Two Stroke
Yeah, I movie was pretty good up to '06. It was great for beginners and you could produce some really good videos as well with transitions and titles ect. and you could edit audio. With '08 they dumbed it down and pretty much made it worthless. For a while apple even offered free downloads of HD 06 to people who purchased i life 08 or a new mac with i movie 08 because the new one sucked so bad.

While apple no longer offers the free downloads, I did some searching and came across this site that has i movie HD 06 for download and even has a shortcut to get around having to install i life 08 before you can install HD 06.
http://www.partnersinrhyme.com/macword/free-imovie-plugins/.

If I hadn't already bought final cut express I'd go this route.

zmilin

Street Tracker
msc66 - I wonder if they changed it back cause I was able to do all that with the version on my mac. Its iMovie09 V8.0.6.

Does Final Cut Express do more?

----------------------------------------------------------------

so after I posted that I searched for iMovie09 vs Final Cut Express and found an article that answers all my questions on why my iMovie seems to be like the older one and not the 08 version.
Also a couple valid reasons to upgrade to FCE.

Last edited:

sanjuro

Two Stroke
+1 on Final Cut. If it's good enough for Walter Murch, it's good enough for mere editing mortals.

Ninja K

Two Stroke
I use Final Cut Pro but it seems to lag with the native files. I generally transcode my video files to something FCP is more comfortable with like Apple Pro Res but it takes up a bit more HD space.
I like the Go Pro.. it's weird and clunky but it takes amazing video.. just takes a bit to get used to.
Unfortunately my Bonneville shakes too much to get perfect video.

I use windows movie maker. I liked the older version that came with Windows XP. The Windows 7 version is kinda dumbed down. Even with simplified software you can do a decent edit.

On my dad's laptop I think he bought Pinnacle. I'll probably give that a go and see what I like better.

Here's my Bonnie movie I made using my (well use to have until it was stolen) GoPro HD:

http://www.vimeo.com/11617543

em_dot

Street Tracker
Looks cool!

How do you all mount this camera? Helmet? Gas Tank?

Does it wreck the finish on the tank or helmet?

Thanks,

Joel

Looks cool!

How do you all mount this camera? Helmet? Gas Tank?

Does it wreck the finish on the tank or helmet?

Thanks,

Joel

I've mounted mine to the top of a spare helmet. The camera clicks in and out. The mounting point is hardly noticeable when the camera isn't connected.

I also have an "eye lid" for my headlight that I've stuck (3M Adhesive) another mount to. When I want to shoot some video, I install the headlight lid. Otherwise, I ride with it off. If that makes sense.
There are all sorts of different set ups that you can get from GoPro. A lot of people will mount it on their bars or as in zmilin’s case, it looks as if it were mounted to the right hand side of his forks.

http://gopro.com/products/

Check out “Additional Mounts”.

zmilin

Street Tracker
Mine was mounted to the fork leg using the GoPro roll bar mount. I also have a GoPro seat post mount (used for handlebar mounting). There are quite a few options.

zmilin

Street Tracker
hey bluesforchallah, nice ride!
Ive seen your bike in person though never met you before.

I was at the Bellevue Best Buy and parked on the Home Depot side. Checked it out. I think it was the first time I saw white grips.

hey bluesforchallah, nice ride!
Ive seen your bike in person though never met you before.

I was at the Bellevue Best Buy and parked on the Home Depot side. Checked it out. I think it was the first time I saw white grips.

Thanks for the props. Yeah I can probably guess when that was too. :D The white grips will soon be swapped out for black ones. The white is just too damn hard to keep clean. They start to turn Yellow after a while.

Bob80220

Scooter
I was looking at the GoPro cameras today in the Internet. They seem to be the preferred video camera as a lot of folks have them. It looks the current versions have some of the bugs worked out with better life being the biggest issue. They don't have a viewing screen and I'm curious if that is a major issue? Also, it looks like the GoPro Motorsports HD is they way to go as opposed to the Helmet HD. It appears the Motorsports has all the hardware to mount pretty much anywhere on your bike. Saw some good pricing on Amazon for $277.00.

Bob

zmilin

Street Tracker
Bob... look at the Naked and get the mounts you want.
The Motorsports unit looks like it only has the suction cup and stick on clip.

Theres an add on screen here available now....go to the gopro website and look under premium accessories.

Last edited: