LED Indicator idiot light

newse

moped
Hi this is driving me nuts have just fitted four LED indicators to 09SE Bonny changed flasher can to led type, normal senario all four flashed together so removed indicator/idiot bulb all fixed but no idiot light. Have done heaps of searches but cannot get the answer, just spent more then pair of indicators are worth in shipping getting the bulbs that I thought would fix it WLED-G6
but put one in & it does not work either way unless I supply a earth to it, it is non polarized as in lights up either way on a battery, all I can think off is it is not able to draw a earth thru the other lights but no one else seems to have this problem?
Cheers

And happy Australia Day to all you Aussies out there.

newse

moped
Thanks for reply Rubicon, but info I have found so far seems to be diodes with std bulb in idiot light or use led non polarized in the idiot light without diodes which is sposed to be brighter, that is what I would like to happen but wont work unless given a earth then it burns green dots in my eyes?

Many people have had this problem. The diode fix should take care of it, regardless of whether you have a light bulb or LED in the idiot light. It will also give you the flexibility to install the LED of your choice in the idiot light, including polarized.

The non-polarized LED in the idiot light will work fine with light bulbs in the indicators, but putting LEDs in the indicators changes that.

newse

moped
Thanks again Rubicon n Baltobonneville have had a calm day to think on it still dont know why, but I figure it will work as the earth I supply will be no resistance unlike travelling back thru the opposite side lights etc to ground,am going to pick up a couple of diodes tomorrow & am pretty confident you have swayed me in the right direction.

Cheers