Aussie T100 Modifications

Pazzazz

moped
Posting a thread for first time.
An owner of a late model Triumph (2009 Bonneville T100 EFI).
One of the main things on my mind is hearing of 'Learned' info with regard the available mods to Air/Exhaust system.
Surely, a high percentage of owners will look to have their bike sound/go/better perform/better fuel economy, etc over stock??

Myself, I hope to find the best Airbox mods/Aftermarket Muffler combo for my T100.
Ideally, I'll come across a mod. soooooo good, one next consideration will be to take a tooth off the rear sprocket/add one to the front sprocket for better highway cruising.

So apologies if this subject has bee 'threaded to death' - I have not spent the midnight hours scanning all forums.
Hope this can be the start of a centrepoint for fellow Bonnie/T100 owners to cover opinions on a common desire to have our Trumpy's be what they really want to be???

redual

Scooter
Be aware that you almost certainly have pre cats in your headers.....apparently it isn't advisable to remove the AI in this circumstance (possibility of blocking), although some have done it.

austat2

Scooter
i have a2010 SE i took the snorkel off and put Arrow 2 into 1 on it goes ok compared to stock but it is an expensive exhaust

T-boy

Rocker
Paz...you're showing the beginning signs of a deep, dark addiction that many of the rest of us have fallen under. This forum is a great place to feed this addiction, and pick up a bunch of knowledge in the process. Let the fun begin.

mark66

TT Racer
Welcome Pazzazz......my bikes an '07 Bonnie and I just finished removing the airbox completely and changing the exhaust to Dominators, all parts from TPUSA. Of course mines carbed so not quite the same as yours. Had an '03 Bonneville America before and just changed exhausts to D&D's with a K&N filter. Just doing that really helped her run stronger.

mikenva

Rocker
pass check out TPUSA web sight they have a power pack kit that will give you what you are looking for.You can go as far as you want with power mods they can fix you up with anything you need from mild to wild .I have a 03 t100 with a 1087cc stroker motor it makes 2 times the power of a stock bike.

Pazzazz

moped
Modify the Modifications

Feelin' the Love, all Feelin' the Love =]
All warm and fuzzy with replies to my post. What I want to achieve is just the Air/Ehaust for now and should have added my status as 'Non-Wealthy' so this limits my budget accordingly.
As I have the Triumph leather saddlebags on the bike, my options for pipes are limited/desired to be something like Predators, Norman Hydes, Remus or ??? replacement mufflers. Feel I will be happy to leave it at that for first goals. More power (if needed) and the cog options will follow later.
Am Sydney, NSW, Oz based so happy to hear stories from local owners as to suppliers of recommendation?

Thanks again all.

Ninja K

Two Stroke
Feelin' the Love, all Feelin' the Love =]
All warm and fuzzy with replies to my post. What I want to achieve is just the Air/Ehaust for now and should have added my status as 'Non-Wealthy' so this limits my budget accordingly.
As I have the Triumph leather saddlebags on the bike, my options for pipes are limited/desired to be something like Predators, Norman Hydes, Remus or ??? replacement mufflers. Feel I will be happy to leave it at that for first goals. More power (if needed) and the cog options will follow later.
Am Sydney, NSW, Oz based so happy to hear stories from local owners as to suppliers of recommendation?

Thanks again all.

I just did the British Customs Basic performance package (Predators, Airbox removal, air injection removal and 19 tooth front sprocket). I can't believe how much better the bike runs and sounds! It's like a completely different bike. I highly recommend this upgrade!

Predators, Norman Hydes, Remus or ???

Put staintunes in that mix mate. They sound great are Ozzi made, hence a cheaper alternative. Not much help to you re airbox etc as dont know that much re EFI
But I am pretty sure there must be a thread already on this site, and if there is. I am sure someone will link you to it.

78gold

Two Stroke
Hi Pazazz,
Welcome, I am also in Sydney (Oatley) and have a 2007 Bonnie.
I am running Thunderbike pipes from New Zealand and love em, noticeable performance increase, mainly in just plain rideability and sound great. Not too loud but certainly not stock.lol.

If you want to see or hear them just drop me a pm and we can catch up for coffee or a drink.

The website is: www.thunderbike.co.nz

Have a squiz at what they have.

Staintunes are nice as well, ran them on a couple of Dukes I had previously but I personally prefer the Thunderbike pipes on the bonnie.

Mate you will love the bike.
Ride Safe
Nigel

Kirkus51

Hooligan
A K&N filter plus TORS (Triumph off Road Pipes).

I've put my buckage into Suspension bits. Don't know how long you've had the bike and mine too in a carb'd 07, but just putting pipes on will wake it up a bit. I'm sure there's mapping available for certain combinations of pipes and aircleaner mods.

Pete R

Banned
Hey Pazz, I work out at Windsor (50-60mins from Sydney) and have Predators on my Bonnie Thruxton. Drop me a line if you wanna check them out!

Pete :)

Pazzazz

moped
Pete R,
Very keen to hear those mufflers up close.
I am in the process of contacting another chap out that way - to do with the music industry so hopefully we could arrange a meeting?

My email is [email protected]
My mobile is 0431248741
Pazzazz
aka Dave

Pazzazz

moped
Ketchup

78gold;
"drop me a pm and we can catch up for coffee or a drink."

Nigel, How do I 'pm'???
New to forum and not pm'd before.
Am married so know more about pms. =]
I'm in Roselands (Beverly Hills) so ketchup for a drink OK with me.

benjamindickens

Street Tracker
78gold;

Nigel, How do I 'pm'???

Mate I spent hours and hours researching pipes and I couldn't be more than happier with my Dominator Touring Pipes not to loud but awsome note that everybody comments on. Carlos is a forum member and a fantastic contact, I suggest speaking to him. He works for www.triumphperformanceusa.com, it was cheaper for me to import the pipes than source them from Aus. From memory it was around 800 inclusive of postage and the build quality is awsome. I live in melbourne and own a 2009 bonne SE Blue and White, the only thing you should do once you install your desired pipes is to download a tune get this done at your local triumph store. It will improve your performance and sound quality. Kind regards and good luck Ben Dickens:cya:

I was going the staintune way but loved the sound of the preditors and the staintunes were far to pricey for a recently divorced man at the time. However they are a fine pipe and meet the ADR Noise polution requirements for NSW and VIC of 94dba @3500rpm and are the only ones that do so. For reference I was told that TPUSA Designed / Constructed the Preditor Pipes and Dominator Pipes they never require repacking and I have had mine for over a year on the peninsula with no sign of fault. They also look OEM so they don't attract the boys in blue's attention and when cruising are not too loud but open the throttle and they sound very nice. Out of a scale of ten I have been told dominator touring are a 5 and preditor pipes are bout a 7-8 on volume. There is a sticky thread that indicates level of loudness, this was a concern as I am a fireman and work wierd shifts and didn't want the neighbourhood up but wanted something that sounded awsome. Hope this extra info helps!!!

Last edited:

Grassy53

Scooter
Put staintunes in that mix mate. They sound great are Ozzi made, hence a cheaper alternative. Not much help to you re airbox etc as dont know that much re EFI
But I am pretty sure there must be a thread already on this site, and if there is. I am sure someone will link you to it.

Looked at Staintunes myself, they are great pipes but still nearly double the price of stainless predators or dominators delivered to Australia. Got to wonder if they are double the value? Predators $603 delivered to Brisbane with 42 pilots and 135 main jets included.

Last edited:

Pete R

Banned
Pete R,
Very keen to hear those mufflers up close.
I am in the process of contacting another chap out that way - to do with the music industry so hopefully we could arrange a meeting?

My email is [email protected]
My mobile is 0431248741
Pazzazz
aka Dave

Interesting...I'm sort of in the music industry. I'll be working this Sunday - I'll give you a buzz beforehand.

Pete :)

T-boy

Rocker
78gold;

Nigel, How do I 'pm'???

I think you need 10 posts before you can use the pm feature.

price of stainless predators or dominators delivered to Australia. Got to wonder if they are double the value?

In that case they are most def not worth it. I actually have never had them as I have Norman Hydes on mine which I just love. But they are also not cheap, if have to import. Luckily for me some friends from UK carried them over when they visited for xmas.
There are a lot of 2nd hand pipes on Fleebay australia at the moment from people flogging bikes and changing back to standards before selling. So worth looking there to Dave

Boofhead

Banned
The one big advantage with Staintune pipes is they are the only one (i think ) that use stainless packing so in a couple of years time you don't have to repack them and the note stays the same