Microscopic Aliens, Crop Circles or what ?

sportyone

Street Tracker
just noticed recently these strange marking developing on my front hub ? :shh:

but now all good, Triumph have granted a goodwill replacement, it will be fixed, Woo Hoo !

I'm happy and very thankful, thank you Triumph Australia

Attachments

• DSCN0635.jpg
    DSCN0635.jpg
    35.9 KB · Views: 0
  • DSCN0637.jpg
    DSCN0637.jpg
    35.2 KB · Views: 0
  • DSCN0639.jpg
    DSCN0639.jpg
    37.8 KB · Views: 0
Last edited:

koifarm

Hooligan
Unfortunately it's the "creeping crud" caused by moisture beneath the clear coat. My 07 has shitloads of it all over the front and rear wheels, rims, hubs and also parts of the case and everything aluminum on the entire bike.
It's stored inside but as anyone can tell you, moisture is ever present no matter where you keep your bike and that's the culprit.
You can strip the clear coat and use wax or use any of the methods put forth on the forum here but it's going to be a problem to some degree in most all the bikes.
I've even got some on the gas cap of all things.....nothing escapes it. I've given up trying to fight it and just live with it these days....Thanks Triumph....my investment has corrosion all over it and the warranty is past!!

Skidmark

Scooter
Triumph Australia fixed mine under warranty at 23 months and 10,000km's.
Installed a new hub, no hassle it took 1 day and they gave me a loan bike.

They took pictures and had a reply in 24 hiours, it toook a few weeks to get the new hub and that was it.

I have the same problem on my 08 Thrux but didn't mention it before the warranty was up. Its only decorative and I am not realy bothered about it but the anniv bonnie seemed worth getting fixed.

YMMV
Skiddy

retrorider

Scooter
I have the same thing on my hubs. I choose to ignore it. Therefore, it does not exist. Works the same with aliens.

sportyone

Street Tracker
I have the same thing on my hubs. I choose to ignore it. Therefore, it does not exist. Works the same with aliens.

ah, but they do, you guys in the USA know it too, you been trying to cover up what happened @ Roswell for years ?

they out there ! :eeek:

Attachments

• work.2398151.3.fc,135x135,black.v3.jpg
    work.2398151.3.fc,135x135,black.v3.jpg
    4.1 KB · Views: 0
Last edited:

benjamindickens

Street Tracker
Note Good

ah, but they do, you guys in the USA know it too, you been trying to cover up what happened @ Roswell for years ?

they out there ! :eeek:

Clear coats should be a 2pac paint product sounds like poor prep or contaminant in the coatings.

That is not good mate but a good result being the replacement:wave:alienS you are talking about are in Hastings LOL!!!!!

em_dot

Street Tracker
Call Carlos at TP USA. Get your hubs powder coated black (front and rear). Mine came out great!

Joel

redual

Scooter
Finally getting my front hub replaced after taking it to dealer in August. Received a call from the dealer early October telling me that Triumph have approved replacement and only last week was asked to bring it in after me having to call a couple of times. It's going in tomorrow. Lucky it's not a serious problem!

sportyone

Street Tracker
Finally getting my front hub replaced after taking it to dealer in August. Received a call from the dealer early October telling me that Triumph have approved replacement and only last week was asked to bring it in after me having to call a couple of times. It's going in tomorrow. Lucky it's not a serious problem!

that good, what sort of cost is it to have the hub fitted & relaced :huh:

redual

Scooter
About $700 apparently. Just picked mine up......and took it back again because speedo not working!