Girlfriend getting me new exhaust for Christmas

Savantjk

Street Tracker
As stated above, my girlfriend is buying me a new exhaust kit for christmas. I had originally planned on going with the D&D 2:1 system. The reviews I have read have been overall good and the hp boost is also a perk. I have KYB's that I am about to put on my bike and I weigh about 160 (my girlfriend is 120) so I don't think clearance will be a big problem... But I would like a little feedback from guys who know the system better than I do. Would I be better off getting the 2:2 faux titanium system? I haven't seen anything posted on them. I guess I could get them ceramic coated, since I definitely want black exhaust.

I have a carbed Bonnie Black and already have D&D slip-ons, but want to replace from the header back.. and while I'm at it I might as well go black. Everything has been PC'd already.

Also, I know there are some guys who build exhaust on here.. shoot me a PM if you have a quote or anything on making a 2:1 kit with more clearance.

Thanks guys

Triumph825

Scooter
no experience with the exhaust but u should marry her. I wish my girlfriend would buy me a new exhaust for Christmas:D

Texas94fs

Hooligan
:rockon:

The 2-1 will give you better power from my understanding, they also sound very beefy. I dig em-minus the look But that is a personal preference. The KYB shocks are thruxton length, you will get a little more height but even these pipes on a thrux will scrape on occasion. You will be unable to jump down curbs with the exhaust but how often do you really need to do it anyway. I'd also advise against jumping railroad tracks. . . .unless thats only me that does that when I get the chance. Keep the girl around though. Sell your old pipes when you get the new ones and then you have more money for parts so its a double whammy gift!

mikenva

Rocker
There is no pipe out there that makes the hp the 2into1 d&d does .The new full system 2into2 d&d are damn nice pipes for the money they wont make the power the 2into1 will but will still make as much as most other pipes.I have been running the 2into1s on my bonnie for a few years the only time they drag is on high speed bumps long as you are carful not a big deal.
The street tt pipes suck at making power the race tt pipes make power but are loud as fuck.both tt pipes are to low ,lower then the 2 into 1

Savantjk

Street Tracker
Thanks guys! That is pretty much what I was wanting to hear. In Louisiana, I have to be careful on the roads already. So I am used to dodging potholes, giant bumps in the middle of interstate, etc. and I always swing around the speed bumps when traffic allows. Doesn't sound like it would change my riding habits too much. So the 2:1 Is the way I'll go. And I really dig the profile ---- from the right side. Going to have to get that supersprox and rk now though!

And the tt pipes look awesome, but that clearance is way too minimal! I had thought about the specialty spares kit.. but decided against that after reviewing.

Last edited:

Savantjk

Street Tracker
She does have a step-sister, but they are eh.... way different. We'll leave it there. But hell, if living in England is an option I'm sure you could persuade her to leave me! She has been wanting to make a trip for some time.

strokerlmt

I purchased a used D&D 2-1 and really like the headers the way they run under the bike. As you turn they rise because they are centered. I didn't like the DD muffler though, seemed harsh. I have a 2-1 header side system right now with a Dominator muffler with a 2 inch throat on the muffler. I like the deep throaty sound, not to loud and I get the pull and flow/hp. I think the ticket is the DD headers with a dominator. Have fun....
LMT

Savantjk

Street Tracker
Ha! I have accidentally ramped an armadillo once while on the four-wheeler, and almost taken out an opossum while on the bike. Sweat has it right, though. Our roads are terrible... and apparently the new idea of fixing a pothole is building what can be considered a ramp for us on two wheels. Speaking of corruption, the town were I went to high school currently has ex-governor Edwin Edwards in their prison. Super nice guy from what I've heard!

Stroker, I will definitely keep that in mind if I don't care for the sound of the D&D. I also have D&D slip ons already that have been repacked. May see what that is like and BBQ paint one or something.

Last edited:

mikenva

Rocker
I purchased a used D&D 2-1 and really like the headers the way they run under the bike. As you turn they rise because they are centered. I didn't like the DD muffler though, seemed harsh. I have a 2-1 header side system right now with a Dominator muffler with a 2 inch throat on the muffler. I like the deep throaty sound, not to loud and I get the pull and flow/hp. I think the ticket is the DD headers with a dominator. Have fun....
LMT
that sounds cool got a pic